stolen humvee

Old December 15th 05, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default stolen humvee

Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.
Old December 15th 05, 06:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Marlene Blanshay wrote:
Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were
here their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the
Queen Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't
treated well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

I'll bet it pollutes less than your greenie friends' '92 Corollas and
Civics, but don't let that interfere with a good self-righteous rant.

What if you and your hubby were ripped off in a strange city (jewelry, fancy
bikes, cold hard cash, herbal tea press)? Would you like people to laugh at
you?

Maybe those people were jerks. Maybe they weren't.

Judge much?

Turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
Civic.

Well there you go.

N&F

Old December 15th 05, 10:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
one.

That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
I see most greener's drive.

Old December 15th 05, 11:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
fell off the short bus to mutter:

I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
one.

That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
I see most greener's drive.

Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.
--
zk
Old December 15th 05, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Marlene Blanshay wrote:

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

So I wuz riding my Huffy to the grocery store and there wuz a guy who
was complaining cuz his $2000 bike got ripped off. But I wuz
BWAHAHAHA! Serves him right for wasting so much money.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 BWAHAHAHA frame
Old December 15th 05, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

mhk wrote:
I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
one.

Anyone can afford almost any vehicle, as long as they're willing to
take on enough debt. If you see someone driving a Hummer it doesn't
mean they're rich.

Relying on one's possessions as a gauge of their wealth is snobbish. If
I didn't care about retirement or an inheritance, I'd own his and hers
Z4s.

Old December 15th 05, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
wrote:

Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda Civic.

Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.

It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.

What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.

I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
hartd to see around. If I needed an suv in that price range, I would
look at Land Rovers.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old December 15th 05, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
Civic.

Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.

It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.

What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.

The Germans have term for it: 'schadenfreude'. Feeling pleasure at the
discomfiture of others, would be a reasonable definition.

It isn't that unusual. I know as a cyclist my dislike of such behemoths in
many-fold: my immediate safety on the road, the amount of gas they consume,
and, yes, the ostentatious display they represent. Hearing about one being
stolen I don't exactly weep in sympathy for the owners.

Old December 15th 05, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In an earlier post, Zoot Katz postulated:
On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
fell off the short bus to mutter:

I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
one.

That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
I see most greener's drive.

Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.

Should Rolex watches be banned too?
Old December 15th 05, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Walter Mitty" wrote in message
In an earlier post, Zoot Katz postulated:
On 15 Dec 2005 01:43:27 -0800, another nobody,"mhk"
fell off the short bus to mutter:

I just wonder if you would have the same attitude about owning a Humvee
if there was any chance at all that you could afford to buy even a used
one.

That Humvee is a lot more clean burning than an old VW bug or van that
I see most greener's drive.

Yeah but the VW driver doesn't flaunt the "up yours" attitude of those
behemoth ****wagons you so apparently covet.

Should Rolex watches be banned too?

Who has suggested banning anything?

Note:

While it follows that someone who states 'Doing X should be banned'
likely believes
'One should not do X'. The reverse is not a reasonable extrapolation.

It is entirely possible to believe that 'One should not do X' without
believing that 'Doing X should be banned'

If you've had a Brompton stolen... Tony Raven UK 22 February 28th 05 11:53 AM
Stolen recumbent recovered Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 9 March 6th 04 10:48 AM
Stolen recumbent recovered Kit Wolf UK 4 February 28th 04 06:26 PM
Parkinson's Survivor Trike Stolen Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway General 0 December 9th 03 07:10 AM
Parkinson's Survivor Trike Stolen Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Rides 0 December 9th 03 07:10 AM