how d'ya wake up a Flight Deck?

Old April 25th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Greg Evans

Default how d'ya wake up a Flight Deck?

Nate wrote:
Greg Evans wrote:
N8N wrote:

That's not how mine works. Actually it only wakes up if I
press the "A" button on the unit itself.

I do have the wireless sensor on mine, that could explain
the difference in 'waking up' behavior.

Hmm... I wonder if the buttons on your brifters are working
correctly. The left button should correspond to the 'A'
button (or the more forward button if you have both buttons
on one hood). It wouldn't be the end of the world for your
'A' button on the brifter to not function, but it is the
stop/start for the odometer and the stopwatch function.

You might want to check to be sure your 'A' brifter button
is really working.

You can download a manual for the SC-6501 or SC-6502 he
http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/cycle/sac/us/en/technical_service/flight_deck.html

Mine (and I suspect, yours) is a SC-6500 but the differences
from 6500 to 6501 are slight.

Greg

Mine's a 6501 and the "A" button does function, and I'm also
getting a shifter position signal from the left brifter. the
brifter button does not wake it up however.

I stand corrected. The manual for the 6501 says:
Canceling power save mode The normal display will return as
soon as switch "A" or switch "B" is pressed.

The 6500 manual says:
The normal display will return as soon as a signal is received
or a button has been pressed.

I made incorrect assumptions, sorry.

Well now I know *one* of the differences between the 6500 and
the 6501. At least the link to the 6501 manual might be of some
use to you.

Greg

FS: Ultegra flight Deck 9/10 $33 mike Marketplace 0 February 18th 06 06:39 PM
Flight Deck Bob Chambers Australia 1 December 17th 04 10:12 AM
Shimano Flight Deck Bob Chambers Australia 6 November 15th 04 11:26 AM
pantour hubs, d'ya buy em? d'ya recommend them? dan schaper Recumbent Biking 0 August 20th 04 02:10 AM
Flight-deck compatibility ST-EF-29-7 ? Patrick E. King UK 4 August 3rd 04 12:06 PM