LA calls in sick, let the excuses begin...

Old March 20th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

Default LA calls in sick, let the excuses begin...

On Mar 20, 11:24*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Keith wrote:
...http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...san-remo-due-t...

Let the excuses begin, for the fanboys with a flaky memory :

- "break was rubbing" (after being trashed by Ulle in the 2003 ITT)
- I lost 10 pounds (after being trashed by Ulle in the 2003 ITT)
- he didn't wait for me (after Ulle waited for him on the way up to
Luz in 2003)

Do I see a pattern here ?

Coming up in 2010 :
- "Poppo forgot to light it up"
- "Leppy is too small"
- "Kloden is Ulle's friend"
- "Alberto lives in a small village"
- "Johann forgot to wake me up"
- "Sheryl wrote a song about me"
- endless possibilities, acres of fun

Lance isn't a sprinter, dumbass. *He doesn't need an excuse to not race a ****ing 170 mile crit.

Thanks,

Magilla

Damn, for a moment there it sounded like you sort of understand bike
racing a bit. Did you think that up yourself? Who told you to write
that?

Fred
Old March 21st 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Mar 20, 11:55*am, Betty Munro wrote:
ilan wrote:
*And here I was spending *hours* carefully crafting those two nonsense
sentences. Thanks.

If you were a bot you could have stolen time on a Cray and got your
nonsense crafted in nano-seconds.Thats what the rest of us do.

Thanks for the message, I didn't realize that Crays still existed. I
assumed that your basic PC was basically as fast as a supercomputer
these days. I guess they reserve these superfast machines for the
problems where no one has figured out any good ideas.

-ilan
Old March 21st 10, 08:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Tom Kunich wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:31:43 -0700 (PDT), Scott
wrote:

How does someone sound when they have gastroenteritis?

Dunno. I can tell you what I sounded like when I found my ulcer with
Old Grandad 114 bourbon. Is that close enough?

And they talk about how Julie Andrews used to have a great range. I
hit all those notes and in one breath, one sound. Several times.

Hope that you heal it up. Lay off of the hard stuff and only drink lightly
of beer and wine for awhile.

Not only are 90% of the posts in this thread off-topic, they're ****ing gay
too.

Magilla

Old March 21st 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Keith wrote:

...http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...news_headlines

Let the excuses begin, for the fanboys with a flaky memory :

- "break was rubbing" (after being trashed by Ulle in the 2003 ITT)
- I lost 10 pounds (after being trashed by Ulle in the 2003 ITT)
- he didn't wait for me (after Ulle waited for him on the way up to
Luz in 2003)

Do I see a pattern here ?

Coming up in 2010 :
- "Poppo forgot to light it up"
- "Leppy is too small"
- "Kloden is Ulle's friend"
- "Alberto lives in a small village"
- "Johann forgot to wake me up"
- "Sheryl wrote a song about me"
- endless possibilities, acres of fun

Lance isn't a sprinter, dumbass. He doesn't need an excuse to not race a ****ing 170 mile crit.

Split infinitive.
Old March 23rd 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Mar 19, 8:14*am, Scott wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:16*am, Keith wrote:

Do I see a pattern here ?

No, but we do. *Damn, you're nothing if not predictable.

No kidding. When I saw the thread title, I checked in just to make
sure Keith was the one who started it.

Brad Anders
Old March 23rd 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Mar 19, 3:43*pm, ilan wrote:
On Mar 19, 11:02*pm, Fred Flintstein

wrote:
A. Dumas Fred wrote:
Scott wrote:
How does someone sound when they have gastroenteritis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl0bmyxHzrc

When Dave Bailey posted his classic on attending an EDS
Cup event in Plano he attached a wav file to it. That's
why only the followups are available.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...67e3494894ea5a

I wish I had saved the file. I remember it being very
similar to that one.

Fred Flintstein

Thanks for bringing up Dave Bailey. It made me realize how long it's
been since I've thought of him.

-ilan- Hide quoted text -

Ilan, where is Dave these days?

Brad Anders