Wheel Reflectors

Old February 24th 04, 03:48 PM
Dave Larrington

Default Wheel Reflectors

Most of the ones I've seen have a sort of plastic screw doobrey on them,
which can be undone with a beefy screwdriver or 2p coin. However, YRMV.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old February 24th 04, 05:11 PM

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Temp3st wrote:
Now I know all new bikes come with those lovely, and ever so useful, orange
reflectors attached to the spokes but how does one remove them?
Is there a special tool or just some magical 'knack' to do it without
snapping a spoke?

..or am I just a dumb fool?

AFAIK just push it down the spokes towards the hub, should come loose

Old February 25th 04, 01:12 AM
chris French

In message , Dave
Larrington writes
Most of the ones I've seen have a sort of plastic screw doobrey on them,
which can be undone with a beefy screwdriver or 2p coin. However, YRMV.

I had some which were pushfitted together with some sort of plastic 'peg
and hole arrangement', that wasn't designed to be dismantled.

I got them off by sticking an old screwdriver in between the two halves
and twisting
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old March 2nd 04, 02:50 AM
pmailkeey

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:12:10 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , Dave
Larrington writes
Most of the ones I've seen have a sort of plastic screw doobrey on them,
which can be undone with a beefy screwdriver or 2p coin. However, YRMV.

I had some which were pushfitted together with some sort of plastic 'peg
and hole arrangement', that wasn't designed to be dismantled.

I got them off by sticking an old screwdriver in between the two halves
and twisting

What's the reason for removing them ?

Am I not alone in disliking them ?
--
Comm again, Mike.
Old March 2nd 04, 10:05 AM
Simon Brooke

in message , pmailkeey
') wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:12:10 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , Dave
Larrington writes
Most of the ones I've seen have a sort of plastic screw doobrey on
:them,
which can be undone with a beefy screwdriver or 2p coin. However,
:YRMV. )
I had some which were pushfitted together with some sort of plastic 'peg
and hole arrangement', that wasn't designed to be dismantled.

I got them off by sticking an old screwdriver in between the two halves
and twisting

What's the reason for removing them ?

Well, for my point of view, on a road bike they're useful but on a hill bike
they have no purpose and, from my point of view, spoil the aesthetic of my
all black stealth bike. So they had to come off.

Am I not alone in disliking them ?

There's no doubt that, seen from the side at night, they say 'bicycle' very
clearly to even the thickest car driver. So if your bike will be ridden on
the road at night leave them on.

But personally I think they're ugly.

Wannabe a Web designer?
URL:http://userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/97dec/19971206.html

Old March 2nd 04, 11:39 AM
Pete Biggs

pmailkeey wrote:

What's the reason for removing them ?

Am I not alone in disliking them ?

If you dislike them then you can answer your own question :-)

~PB

Old March 9th 04, 09:01 AM
pmailkeey

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:05:04 GMT, Simon Brooke
wrote:

Well, for my point of view, on a road bike they're useful but on a hill bike
they have no purpose and, from my point of view, spoil the aesthetic of my
all black stealth bike. So they had to come off.

Am I not alone in disliking them ?

There's no doubt that, seen from the side at night, they say 'bicycle' very
clearly to even the thickest car driver. So if your bike will be ridden on
the road at night leave them on.

But personally I think they're ugly.

I use my bikes on the road at night and take the wheel reflectors off.

....Mike - a bloody fast glow-in-the-dark pedestrian
--
Comm again, Mike.
Old March 9th 04, 09:01 AM
pmailkeey

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:39:35 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

pmailkeey wrote:

What's the reason for removing them ?

Am I not alone in disliking them ?

If you dislike them then you can answer your own question :-)

Only from MO !
--
Comm again, Mike.