Weird P*nct*re

Old January 26th 07, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bronzie

Default Weird P*nct*re

The P*nct*re Fairy was obviously in a jovial mood this morning.
Following an uneventful (if a little chilly) commute to work this
morning, I leant my steed against the wall while I fumbled for my keys
to unlock the store where I keep my bike while at work.

On turning round to move my bike into the store, there was a
spontaneous "ppppfffffftttttssss" from the front wheel. I wasn't even
near the bike at the time!

A lunchtime repair session later, I discovered the problem was that the
rim tape has moved slightly around the valve hole, allowing the tube to
wear on the sharp metal edge of the hole. To prevent another
occurrence on the way home, I've cut the inner tube into a small strip
with a hole in so that the new tube has some protection around the
valve hole.

Having originally cursed my luck I reconsidered when I thought "what
are the chances of this happening once I'd arrived at work (allowing
for a leisurely repair in the warm, dry and with the assistance of
daylight)?".

Must be my lucky day!

Old January 27th 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

On 2007-01-26 17:21:52 +0000, "Bronzie" said:

[...]

I was at a coffee bar once sitting outside near the cycle racks, we had
been there for
about 15 minutes when we heard a sudden hissing and watched as the tyre went
down on a friends mountain bike with no prior warning, turns out a
thorn had just
penetrated the tyre and needed a while to get the tube.
--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

Old January 27th 07, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

Buck writes:

I was at a coffee bar once sitting outside near the cycle racks, we
had been there for about 15 minutes when we heard a sudden hissing
and watched as the tyre went down on a friends mountain bike with no
prior warning, turns out a thorn had just penetrated the tyre and
needed a while to get the tube.

I pumped up the tyres on my road bike in the kitchen one day and as I
was putting tools, pump etc. away five minutes later, the rear inner
tube let go big style. I fair shat me pants, so I did.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck

im weird... cyclenoobie Unicycling 7 July 21st 06 01:24 AM
weird kid, weird coach habbywall Unicycling 2 August 1st 05 12:19 PM
weird small change Mountain Biking 16 November 5th 04 03:11 PM
Ooo, weird (OT) M Series UK 4 September 13th 03 05:05 PM