I am that out of date

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23rd 21, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default I am that out of date

On 4/22/2021 5:18 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I tried one of those Sanyo Dynahub roller generators and did NOT like the beam pattern with the included light/ That beam pattern was a long T with both portions of the T being very narrow. Maybe with a different light it would have been better.

With a different lamp it was indeed better, and in our case still is.

I wasn't satisfied with its original lamp and complained to my friend
who owned a bike shop. He sold me a Union halogen headlamp. That made
the setup acceptable for me. I did quite a lot of night riding that way,
but it did motivate me to play around with other setups.

The Sanyo is now on my wife's bike, with a B&M headlamp. She doesn't
ride much at night, but her setup is extremely good.

I also thought about cutting out a section of rear fender on my cantilever brakes touring bike and then mounting the dynamo to the brake bridge.

IIRC James did something like that.

However the lousy beam pattern meant I had no interest in doing that.

The beam pattern depends on the headlamp. Almost any dyno can drive a
modern LED headlamp with a very good beam.

--
- Frank Krygowski

What date is it? lardyninja UK 5 April 3rd 09 06:46 PM
need a date look here Donald Munro Racing 0 May 27th 06 11:21 AM
need a date look here Donald Munro Racing 0 May 27th 06 11:16 AM
need a date look here Donald Munro Racing 0 May 27th 06 11:15 AM
Perfect date Claire Petersky General 19 April 15th 05 03:55 PM