A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Crank Length effects

Old April 8th 21, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Crank Length effects

When I was riding 175 cranks my knees would hurt a little for 10 or more miles into the ride and would loosen up enough that they were ok. This did not leave me with sore knees but simply a warmup period and since around here that could be when the worst of the climbing occurred it wasn't all that nice.

I tried 172.5 cranks and much to my surprise no warmup period was necessary..

I will sure be glad when the weather warms up enough to take the frost off of the pumpkin since at my age I have to ride at least every couple of days to keep any fitness at all. I missed last Tuesday since I had to have my taxes done and today was 30 miles of misery. two weeks ago was a hot spell and I was almost back to normal and then the cold came on again and you always hesitate to ride when it is so uncomfortable. I have thermal clothing but it always leaks enough cold wind to make you prefer staying home.
Ads