We lost another one....

Old April 2nd 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Scott F.

Default We lost another one....

BREAKING NEWS: Man dies after vehicle strikes his bicycle

By Tracy Dang
Times Managing Editor
Published:
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:58 PM CDT
A pedal cyclist died earlier this week after he was struck by a
vehicle at the intersection S. Fry and Shillington.

According to the Harris County Sheriff’s Department, a white 2003 BMW
325i was traveling westbound through the intersection Sunday
afternoon, attempting to turn south onto S. Fry.

“The BMW failed to yield the right of way while turning left and
struck a pedal cyclist attempting to travel eastbound through the
intersection,” a statement from the sheriff’s office said.

The victim was lifeflighted to Memorial Hermann Hospital. He was
pronounced dead at shortly after noon on Monday.

The Katy Times will have more details on this story as they become
available.
Old April 2nd 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

On 2 Apr, 05:36, "Scott F." wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Man dies after vehicle strikes his bicycle
By Tracy Dang
Times Managing Editor

Requiescat.

Though no time for a useless complaint, I would amend the title into a
much proper one:
'Car driver hits and kills cyclist on his bicycle'

Sergio
Pisa
Old April 2nd 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Cully J

On Apr 1, 10:36*pm, "Scott F." wrote:
[...]

Where did this happen -state, country, etc?

Old April 2nd 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 2, 6:58*am, Cully J wrote:
On Apr 1, 10:36*pm, "Scott F." wrote:

[...]

Katy, near Houston TX. Harris County contains Houston.
From a local making a personal posting, I think this guy was riding a
recumbent.
http://www.katytimes.com/
http://www.katytimes.com/articles/20...472805704..txt
Old April 2nd 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

The Katy Times will have more details on this story as they become
available.

Was the cyclist crossing an intersection on the Katy Trail?

Old April 2nd 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

Though no time for a useless complaint, I would amend the title into a
much proper one:
'Car driver hits and kills cyclist on his bicycle'

Though no time for a useless follow-up either, I think the MORE proper
headline would be:

"Cyclist hit and killed by auto driver."

Either way, this news sucks.

Old April 2nd 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Scott F.

On Apr 2, 7:11*am, wrote:
Where did this happen -state, country, etc?

Katy, near Houston TX. *Harris County contains Houston.
From a local making a personal posting, I think this guy was riding a
recumbent.http://www.katytimes.com/http://www....1e515e6472...- Hide quoted text -

It happened in Katy, TX, just outside of Houston, TX. The gentlemans
name was Larry, and he was riding a recumbent bike.

Old April 2nd 09, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Scott F.

So far the Katy Times has not updated the story. Apparently the
publishers feel it is acceptable to report a story without using the
victims name, or even the name of the person who murdred the cyclist
be improper use of a motor vehicle.
Old April 2nd 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Papa Tom wrote:
Though no time for a useless complaint, I would amend the title into a

much proper one:
'Car driver hits and kills cyclist on his bicycle'

Though no time for a useless follow-up either, I think the MORE proper
headline would be:

"Cyclist hit and killed by auto driver."

Either way, this news sucks.

Amen to that. But since we're also griping about usage, why the
term "pedal cyclist?" Why not just "bicyclist?"

Bill

Old April 2nd 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

But since we're also griping about usage, why the term "pedal cyclist?"
Why not just "bicyclist?"

Ah, but you missed that, in my improved version, I simply said "cyclist."

(This is sick. I'm starting to feel like that "banana" guy who's always
trolling here. A fellow cyclist is dead. My condolences to his family and
friends. Be careful out there, everybody.)

When you get lost... alpine_uni Unicycling 1 August 14th 06 11:59 PM
What are they lost [email protected] Mountain Biking 1 June 10th 06 01:02 PM
Lost at sea cfsmtb Australia 6 May 5th 06 03:44 AM
Lost in OZ Davey Crockett Racing 0 March 30th 06 03:53 PM
Why Jan lost TritonRider Racing 8 August 21st 04 01:17 AM