bike camp stuff

Old September 17th 04, 03:20 AM
small change

Default bike camp stuff

made some new pages today:
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/camp.asp

Old September 17th 04, 03:35 AM
arlo

"small change" wrote in news:10kkifknd2pb512
@news.supernews.com:

http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/camp.asp

Cool stuff. My wife missed "Skurtzendirt" this year. I think I spelled it
right. But she hopes to make it next year.
Old September 17th 04, 04:35 PM
small change

arlo wrote:
"small change" wrote in
news:10kkifknd2pb512 @news.supernews.com:

http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/biking/camp.asp

Cool stuff. My wife missed "Skurtzendirt" this year. I think I
spelled it right. But she hopes to make it next year.

if she's ready to progress skills wise and is enthusiastic, I'd highly
recommend that she look at the one I go to, www.devineride.com in Rossland.
You can google Bike
Camp RR's and penny s and should come up with my reports. I won't bore you
with the details, you can read them if you want, but it is the best
investment I've ever made in my biking, and there are riders here who can
attest to what it's done for my riding.

I've never been to Skurtzendirt, but I know gals who go.
Tuffgrrl went once, and now goes to Canada with me. She's told me I would
hate it as it's too mellow; good for beginners.
If you read on the extras page of their web site, "Our group sent our
volunteer Kerry
(the fearless Canadian) down first to check it out and as we watched her
skid down, it only made me want to try it more. " How any camp in good
conscience can advocate skidding is beyond me. Based on these things it's
certainly not a camp for me.

Penny

Old September 17th 04, 04:48 PM
Ride-A-Lot

small change wrote:
arlo wrote:

[...]

In the skills clinic our club offers, we use skidding to teach proper
braking technique (how not to skid). We do not do this on trails, we
use a grassy hill at the local county college.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 17th 04, 05:02 PM
small change

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
small change wrote:
arlo wrote:

[...]

yes, we practiced it in a gravel lot with severe admonitions that we would
get drawn and quartered if we did it on the trail. I dunno, there's
something about that quote that really bothers me, makes it seem like
skidding was ok, or cool

P,