A pair of pursuiters commentating on sprinting...

Old August 7th 12, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default A pair of pursuiters commentating on sprinting...

.... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD
Old August 7th 12, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 07/08/2012 17:39, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

Talking about Pussy Riot, I notice the cameras no longer show us quite
so much of Anna "Cameltoe" Meares before the start.

Well done Meares, best man won ;-)

UD

Old August 7th 12, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On Aug 7, 5:39*pm, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? *"Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. *Simples. *Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? * Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

Both wheels over the line and seen to hinder, I can't beleive they
took so long to anounce the decision, apparently they had some bloke
chewing off their ears or something. He'd have been better chewing on
some gum.
Old August 7th 12, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 07/08/2012 19:22, thirty-six wrote:
On Aug 7, 5:39 pm, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

Both wheels over the line and seen to hinder, I can't beleive they
took so long to anounce the decision, apparently they had some bloke
chewing off their ears or something. He'd have been better chewing on
some gum.

They've dumbed down sprinting somewhat in recent times to suit the hoi
polloi, but it's nice to see that good old fashioned trackcraft still
has a place. Meares went "BOO!" to Pendleton who went "eekamouse!"
right on cue...

UD
Old August 8th 12, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On Aug 7, 9:30*pm, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 07/08/2012 19:22, thirty-six wrote: On Aug 7, 5:39 pm, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? *"Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. *Simples. *Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? * Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

Both wheels over the line and seen to hinder, I can't beleive they
took so long to anounce the decision, apparently they had some bloke
chewing off their ears or something. *He'd have been better chewing on
some gum.

They've dumbed down sprinting somewhat in recent times to suit the hoi
polloi, but it's nice to see that good old fashioned trackcraft still
has a place. *Meares went "BOO!" to Pendleton who went "eekamouse!"
right on cue...

UD

Yes, she did mention that she was "touched". That was basically an
admission that Meares hadn't shoved Pendletons elbow forward which is
the only way I see physical contact could have caused the diversion.
I should look again but I really CBA at least she didn't get her
jersey torn and told she could not start.
Old August 8th 12, 09:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 07/08/2012 5:39 PM, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

The OBS tv coverage has been appalling throughout - every damn silly
slo-mo replay chopped off the rim at the crucial moment, so I'm totally
in the dark as to what actually happened... There was a crane at the
velodrome which I never saw used, too.

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old August 8th 12, 10:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 08/08/2012 09:49, Mower Man wrote:
On 07/08/2012 5:39 PM, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

The OBS tv coverage has been appalling throughout...

Yeah, they've been consistent if nothing else, I'd be interested to see what
*actually* happened in the first race too.

Old August 8th 12, 11:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 08/08/2012 10:21 AM, atriage wrote:
On 08/08/2012 09:49, Mower Man wrote:
On 07/08/2012 5:39 PM, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

The OBS tv coverage has been appalling throughout...

Yeah, they've been consistent if nothing else, I'd be interested to see
what *actually* happened in the first race too.

The only thing I've seen is a single still frame. Is it just ever so
slightly possible that the success of the British team in spite of the
re-framed rules got up a few noses?

Old August 8th 12, 12:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 08/08/2012 11:42, Mower Man wrote:
On 08/08/2012 10:21 AM, atriage wrote:
On 08/08/2012 09:49, Mower Man wrote:
On 07/08/2012 5:39 PM, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

The OBS tv coverage has been appalling throughout...

Yeah, they've been consistent if nothing else, I'd be interested to see
what *actually* happened in the first race too.

The only thing I've seen is a single still frame. Is it just ever so slightly
possible that the success of the British team in spite of the re-framed rules
got up a few noses?

Yeah, the new rules didn't work, it'll be interesting to see what rules they can
come up with next. Here's a suggestion:- No person born within 400 miles of the
intersection point of Latitude 53 degrees North and the Greenwich Meridian may
compete in any cycling event in the Olympic Games. Get round that one Brailsford.

Old August 8th 12, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 08/08/2012 11:42, Mower Man wrote:
On 08/08/2012 10:21 AM, atriage wrote:
On 08/08/2012 09:49, Mower Man wrote:
On 07/08/2012 5:39 PM, Uncle Dave wrote:
... doesn't work does it? "Unjust" FFS - Pendleton moved outside the
line before anything else happened. Simples. Although our Vicky has
speed she's never been a great sprinter has she? Two rides to go,
should at least be interesting.

UD

The OBS tv coverage has been appalling throughout...

Yeah, they've been consistent if nothing else, I'd be interested to see
what *actually* happened in the first race too.

The only thing I've seen is a single still frame. Is it just ever so
slightly possible that the success of the British team in spite of the
re-framed rules got up a few noses?

Not sure what rules you mean. Are you talking about the first race
where Pendleton was relegated? She was definitely in the wrong, and the
rule about staying in the sprinter's line once you occupy it in the last
200 has been in place for, well, pretty much forever hasn't it?

Much as Dave Brailsford ought to have come up with a plan for the Men's
RR that didn't involve everyone else doing what GB wanted, so he really
had no cause to complain vigorously about that decision. Not sure why
he did actually, I know he has to give it a go but I heard that he got
quite agitated about it.

UD