BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

Old March 17th 05, 11:20 PM
Bill C

Default BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

scott patton wrote:
In article om,
wrote:

scott patton wrote:
You gonna go to www.mikecreed.com and email his son?

Scott

Actually, if I were in this guy's position, that's exactly what I'd

do.

The racing community in the U.S. is small, and word gets around. If
someone told me my old man was ripping people off, you bet I'd tell

him
to cut it out.

It's my guess that YMC has, or will soon read all of this. Hard to

say
for sure, but ...

Maybe it's hard to get time off from Burger King.... or Kunich is too

busy lusting after him....

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

I think that YMC has sworn off RBR, pretty much for good. He's pretty
busy with a few other things.
Bill C

Old March 18th 05, 12:17 AM
Tom Kunich

Let me warn people that Mike Creed Sr. is about as up-front a person that
you can find and that this looks like a case of the notorious Canadian
Postal Service. I ordered an old (nearly antique) frame from a guy in Canada
and got pretty ****ed when I didn't recieve it for over three months.
Eventually it got here almost 6 months after IT WAS MAILED.

If you have been having trouble with Old Man Creed it is a misunderstanding.

"Eric Harvey" wrote in message
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I just want to get the info out on this
a-hole. I have been doing bike-related buying and selling over the
internet
via newsgroups and websites since 1994 and I have never been "burned"
until
this transaction.

On Nov. 23, 2004, I paid Mr. Creed $300 USD via PayPal for a pair of new
Shimano R215 shoes and Dura-Ace SPD-SL pedals that were advertised on
roadbikereview.com. The agreement was to send the package via US Postal
service airmail to me in Canada. They did not arrive before Christmas, but
gave some extra grace period because this is a very busy time for the mail
system.

After not receiving anything by Jan. 11, 2005, I e-mailed Mr. Creed and
inquired. He was very responsive, even offering to "buy new shoes/pedals
and
send them". I told him to first check into the situation with the post
office. He replied on Jan. 21 saying that the USPS had found the package
in
customs and the label had been damaged, hence the delay. He said he would
re-send them by Monday Jan. 24.

By Feb. 17, I started to believe that nothing was coming. I sent Mr. Creed
an e-mail stating that I was unsure about the transaction and its
legitimacy, and that at this point I just wanted my money to be refunded
my PayPal account. Obviously I had no recourse to file a complaint via
PayPal because the 30 day window had expired (edit: it is actually 45
days,
still makes no difference). However, I told Mr. Creed that in the
interests
of fair trade he should refund my money. He replied, initially saying
something about the lost package, I replied back that I just wanted my
money, and he replied saying "refund forthcoming".

It is now Mar. 16, and I have not received a refund. Again, I fully
realize
that I don't really have any grounds, but I have told Mr. Creed that I
would
be posting about his trading habits here and on rec.bicycles newsgroups
where also frequents. I would fully recommend that anyone reading this to
never consider a purchase from Mr. Creed, regardless of the price and
promises.

Mr. Creed, I know you read these newsgroups. Don't try to engage me in a
conversation about the situation. It has been nearly 4 months since you
received my money and I have received nothing! I do not want to talk about
it on this forum or in e-mail. I just want you to simply refund my money
my PayPal account. That is the only honest solution you can provide at
this
point.

Eric

Old March 18th 05, 12:50 AM
scott patton

In article .net,
Tom Kunich wrote:
Let me warn people that Mike Creed Sr. is about as up-front a person that
you can find and that this looks like a case of the notorious Canadian
Postal Service. I ordered an old (nearly antique) frame from a guy in Canada
and got pretty ****ed when I didn't recieve it for over three months.
Eventually it got here almost 6 months after IT WAS MAILED.

If you have been having trouble with Old Man Creed it is a misunderstanding.

It's hard to believe that I agree with you.... but I do.

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO
Old March 18th 05, 01:36 AM
Bill C

scott patton wrote:
In article .net,
Tom Kunich wrote:
Let me warn people that Mike Creed Sr. is about as up-front a person

that
you can find and that this looks like a case of the notorious

Canadian
Postal Service. I ordered an old (nearly antique) frame from a guy

in Canada
and got pretty ****ed when I didn't recieve it for over three

months.
Eventually it got here almost 6 months after IT WAS MAILED.

If you have been having trouble with Old Man Creed it is a

misunderstanding.

It's hard to believe that I agree with you.... but I do.

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

Scott I don't have any hard evidence because I have never done a
business transaction with with OMC, but in every other discussion he
has been up front, and has been willing to go on record with his
opinions and doesn't seem to give a **** who you tell what he said.
I have had a correspondence with both OMC and YMC, but nothing
recently, that has been very positive so I am not unbiased here.
Just $.02 more
Bill C

Old March 18th 05, 02:03 AM
MJR

Eric Harvey wrote:
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I just want to get the info out on

this
a-hole. I have been doing bike-related buying and selling over the

internet
via newsgroups and websites since 1994 and I have never been "burned"

until
this transaction.

On Nov. 23, 2004, I paid Mr. Creed $300 USD via PayPal for a pair of

new
Shimano R215 shoes and Dura-Ace SPD-SL pedals that were advertised on
roadbikereview.com. The agreement was to send the package via US

Postal
service airmail to me in Canada. They did not arrive before

Christmas, but I
[...]

refunded to
[...]

money to
my PayPal account. That is the only honest solution you can provide

at this
point.

Eric

This is a shame... but hopefully other people can learn a lesson here.

First of all, Paypal is NOT a great service for buyers with seller
issues. It is mediocre at best. But.. it is better than sending a
check, money order, or wire transfer.

If you use paypal, don't send anything but a credit card payment via
paypal. Sending bank funds is the same as sending cash. If someone
doesn't want to take credit cards, chances are they are trying to rip
you off. Not always, but I'd give it a 50% chance. (disclaimer, I
just bought a seatpost via this method and had a completely painless
experience). I'd never send more money via paypal bank transfer than I
could afford to throw away at the dog track.

Also, if you use paypal, you should KNOW their window of opportunity
for filing a dispute. If something is not delivered in a reasonable
amount of time, immediately file the dispute. The seller will get
their money when they prove that they shipped the item and you got it.

Caveat to the above -- if the seller has no money in their paypal
account -- you are screwed. So... again, Paypal is hardly the
risk-free environment that they try to look like.

I'm not saying anything bad about you .. you trusted this guy and he
dicked you. But, let some good come from it and let other people learn
from it.

Old March 18th 05, 02:06 AM
Sierraman

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
link.net...
Let me warn people that Mike Creed Sr. is about as up-front a person that
you can find and that this looks like a case of the notorious Canadian
Postal Service. I ordered an old (nearly antique) frame from a guy in

Canada
and got pretty ****ed when I didn't recieve it for over three months.
Eventually it got here almost 6 months after IT WAS MAILED.

I can't believe I am agreeing with TK, but I bought some tapes from a guy in
Canada and the PS rate was outrageous, and it took forever for the tapes to
arrive. I thought they were lost in the mail. But if the stuff was damaged
by PS then they should pay for it in my opinion, but I don't know all the
rules in Canada without going back to read the fine print, insurance claims
and such, I don't know offhand but again as someone said earlier, this is no
place to air your grievances. Keep trying to work it out with the guy. By
posting here, you just **** him off by rubbing it in his face and you might
never get your stuff. Posting here seems more like vengeance to me.

nuff said,

I'm going back to the bleachers now.

B-

Old March 18th 05, 02:38 AM
Bill C

MJR wrote:
I'm not saying anything bad about you .. you trusted this guy and he
dicked you. But, let some good come from it and let other people

learn
from it.

What evidence do you have that OMC dicked this person? I have no
evidence that they even know each other. I have no evidence who, if
anyone is lieing. How do I know that the you and the two accusers
aren't people OMC has ****ed off by being outspoken and they are making
a false claim to get even? We don't know squat at this point.
OMC has some standing here, but that shouldn't bias the case, but If I
say they are pedophiles, that has the same standing as the accusations
that have been made on the evidence that has been presented here.
Bill C
Don't accuse without evidence.

Old March 18th 05, 04:19 AM
CowPunk

Maybe it's hard to get time off from Burger King.... or Kunich is too

busy lusting after him....

Is that the BK across from the OTC?

Old March 18th 05, 04:21 AM
CowPunk

ditto

Old March 18th 05, 06:32 AM
Eric Harvey

I'll make one response here, for the sake of clarifying things. I actually
used to frequent this group quite a bit back in the mid-late 90s, but after
seeing some of the responses here....I remember why I left.

OMC, as he is being referred to here, had plenty of opportunity to make
things right. After my first inquiry, he said the package was "lost" in
customs and then implied that he had it back in his posession. He said he
would be re-sending it on Jan. 24. After not receiving it in 3 weeks
(again), I e-mailed him and asked for a refund as it was 3 months and I had
received no shoes/pedals. The reply was again about the package being lost.
Blame the post system once, but don't blame it twice. I have done HUNDREDS
of cross-border transactions, and never once has something truly been lost,
nor has anything taken THREE months to arrive. So don't blame Canada
(Kunich, you stupid f*cknut, shut your pie-hole). If any of you were in my
situation, what would you have done? After requesting a refund of my money,
and being assured by OMC that it would happen, NOTHING happened in the
following month. And that brought us to today.

I know OMC likes to read the newsgroups, and he also has his reputation in
the much-vaunted society of "fathers of nearly famous bike racing sons".
So, I posted the story, in its facts. And do you want to know the result:

OMC paid my PayPal account $300 today, by 2 PM. No more prompting on my
part, and no more false promises on his part. What exactly does this tell
you? It tells me that he is a bull**** artist who might make good on some
deals, but at the same time might also rip someone off. It also tells me
that he was unwilling to do it unless he might possibly face scorn and/or
embarassment from his precious little society. To me, the fact that he did
nothing until he felt he might have some egg on his face, that speaks
volumes about his character. But hey, if you clowns want to believe that
there is "another side to the story" and kiss OMC's ass because it makes you
feel closer to the bigtime then be my guest. I got my money back.

I don't care if you all want to flame me, assassinate my personality,
whatever. Go nuts, do your best in true r.b.r tradition. I know where my
morality lies, and I can count on hundreds of people I have sold bicycle
stuff to over the internet as satisfied customers. OMC cannot say the same.
Finally, if you want further evidence, in addition to the poster (Tommy aka
TA) who also alluded to a bad deal with OMC, I also received two private
e-mails from other frequenters of the groups who offered up their own
accounts of problematic deals with OMC. Sounds like a pattern.

Whatever,

Eric