Bike Pump (outdoors frontier)

Old November 14th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
bktourer1

Default Bike Pump (outdoors frontier)

I'm getting the run around from these people again. Apparently I don't
know how to use a pump or read dirrections. I get the impression the
suppliers bought the pumps from some overseas supplier and are running
the business like a cheap version of ebay. When you order from them
you have the option of faxing the order or putting you credit card on a
"word" document. They don't have a secure site. I had the pump tested
at my LBS and they found it leaking. Who would paint a shaft and then
expect the paint not to get scraped off as it passes through a cap with
very little space. Apperently, in order for an item to be a lemon, it
has to fail the first time. When it worked it worked fine, but after
getting stuck 2x I'm getting a better brand name pump or Co2
bktourer1 wrote:
Some time ago I praised a small pump from Outdoors Frontier. No Longer.
After getting stuck on the road far from home, I sent the thing back
for repairs.
I got the warrantee speil and we'll fix as a favor. Surprise today it
still doesn't work.
Air still leaks from the area I told them about. They made a small
repair and I did the RFM routine (read the _ _ _ ing manual)
and still having problems. The only time this was just was for flats
on the road and sat in its bag
the entire time. Looks like their QC team is out of touch.
This is my opinion. You decide for yourself.
I'm going with the Topeal Road Morph or as CO2