Ford vs. Cyclist

Old August 21st 16, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Ford vs. Cyclist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OvttzhhoLFM
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 21st 16, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Mine sports an air horn tucked under the front lip hood ...

Use emergency flashers on spying a cyclist ahead.

There are times ....of extremely retarded behavior
Old August 21st 16, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 8/21/2016 11:27 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OvttzhhoLFM

I nearly had a Honda vs. cyclists incident two days ago.

I was driving the Honda, headed west on a 40,000 vehicle per day four
lane, approaching a notoriously crash-prone intersection. A wrong-way
cyclist on the berm decided he wanted to be somewhere else, so he left
the berm and rode straight at me, apparently trying for a head-on
collision. He was looking back over his right shoulder.

I hit my brakes hard and blared my horn to get his attention. He
shifted to the westbound lane to my left and gave me the finger, and
when cars came up in that lane, he rode on, straddling the center line
between two-direction traffic. When I last saw him, he was still on the
center line, looking back alternately over each shoulder, apparently
trying to decide where he wanted to ride.

He was the worst, but for some reason, the salmon riders seem to be
especially common just lately. :-/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 22nd 16, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:27:44 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OvttzhhoLFM
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

background ?
Old August 22nd 16, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 8:27:44 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OvttzhhoLFM
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I came up to a stop light the other day, it turned green, I looked both ways and started across and a guy came full speed through the red light just missing me.

These things would bother me less since most are accidents. But there was another red light one block away with another red light and traffic backed up almost to my light. So this guy was driving FAR too fast for conditions.

But if there was a cop there he'd do nothing in the San Francisco bay area. Here they set speed limits by what over half the traffic wants to drive. Got that? Regardless of safety it's what people are willing to drive and not who it might effect.
Old August 22nd 16, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 22/08/2016 11:07 AM, wrote:
[...]

Speed limits in Montreal are more a suggestion than anything else. But
running a red light gets you a ticket if there's a cop around.
Old August 22nd 16, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

near Round Rock TX are 2 lane roads passing strip malls rated 60

interstate West Texas is 80-85...itsa long way to La Jolla.

basically the crowd goes 52 in a 45 zone so watcha gonna do ? raise limits to 55 ?

no sense make.

the dude crossing your path saw you n decided to shake it.

Old August 23rd 16, 12:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:27:44 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OvttzhhoLFM
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Eternal September seems not to be working quite right, so, through Google:

AMuzi wrote in :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OvttzhhoLFM

It looks as if the cyclist was riding without lights. It also looks as if
the motorist was traveling too fast.

The 1000 block of 8th Street is fairly narrow. Around here, it would be a
40Km/h or 25 mph zone.
!
1e1!3m4!1sSdJUlj84qzP6TC-2nvgtIw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&hl=en
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO