Mountain Bikers Openly Discussing Poaching, and Why they Support It

Old December 25th 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Openly Discussing Poaching, and Why they Support It

I'm supposedly "banned" from this web site.

Mike

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...75555#poststop

Some samples:

LWright
50 last year

Originally Posted by Pete Fagerlin
Your fear has no basis in fact. It's downright silly.

Do you deny fines for poaching have risen?
Do you deny your bike could be confiscated for poaching?
Do you deny some people do not want you to ride a bicycle on trails
they use, and that they are working to deny you access?

I have nothing against poaching, I even think it helps to gain access
in some cases.
But if you think advocacy is a waste of time then you are the silly
one.
Or since the vast majority of mountain bikers could care less about
advocacy, maybe I am the silly one for trying

Lyle
__________________
Lifes tough
Lifes tougher when yer stupid

”I don't have the time to wait another 20 years. If the single track
gets opened while I'm on my deathbed that doesn't really help me very
much. Like the other person above said, I'll just ride and if I get
caught politely take the ticket and pay the fine. Call it an extra
access fee.” mountain biker

”What you seem to be not comprehending is that those irrational trail
closures don't worry many folks because they have been riding those
trails for years and will continue to ride those same trails for years
to come.“ Pete Fagerlin, mountain biker and habitual poacher

”It depends where you are. In the wonderful world of the EBRPD, you
can poach to your heart's content, especially at night, with a strong
likelihood of not getting caught. Of course, the downside is that
there is not that much good stuff to begin with... In the meantime,
Sheriffs are patrolling Mt Tam at night, and some ranger is doing
overtime to make sure you don't get lost in Skeggs after dark while
giving you a $300 ticket.

As you said earlier, access micro climates. I'm all for poaching, but
my riding time is limited to week-ends lately, and poaching on a nice
Sunday morning is not that feasible.“ mountain biker

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old December 25th 08, 11:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default Santa Gives Michael Vandeman the "Triple Whammy".

On Dec 25, 4:52*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
I'm supposedly "banned" from this web site.

Santa doesn't give presents to hypocrites, extremists or nutcases.
Mike scores a rare Triple Whammy and Santa leaves him giftless.

Old December 26th 08, 11:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Wettlesheim

On Dec 25, 4:52*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
I'm supposedly "banned" from this web site.

Mike

SNIPPED incoherent scribbling

Merry CHRISTmass and happy HOLYdays!! Mike

When I read this headline http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081226/...ta_shooting_28
I thought of you. I am relieved that you posted to a newsgroup on
CHRISTtmas day. Consider making a new years resolution in regards to
seeking professional help for your mental condition. If you're
craving human interaction/contact you will find it in support