Noisy Dura-Ace dual control shifters?

Old September 4th 03, 12:00 AM
Boyd Speerschneider

Default Noisy Dura-Ace dual control shifters?

Hello,

I recently upgraded the brake levers/shifters on my race-only bike from
Ultegra to Dura-Ace (the Ultegras are going on my training bike).
They were the same price as the Ultegra shifters at Chucksbikes.com ($189).
I like them a lot. They are smoother because they use bearings instead of
bushings ala the Ultegra version. The only problem is that they are noisy
like the older model of the Ultegra shifters (the old 6500 model as opposed
to the newer, quieter 6510 model). They rattle a lot when going over rough
pavement.

What gives?
Is there a way to fix this?
Its driving me bananas

TIA,

- Boyd S.
Old September 4th 03, 01:56 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

boyd- They rattle a lot when going over rough
pavement.

What gives?
Is there a way to fix this? BRBR

May need to seat your brake housing into the lever..Take off the tape securing
the housing(bar tape off)and squeeze the brake vigoropusly a few times. Not
uncommon for the brake lever to move on rough roads casuing this rattling.

Another solution farther down this post-

Campagnolo(?)

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.