TdF reportage

Old July 17th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default TdF reportage

wrote:
I watched the descent of the Tourmalet, the camera focused on a lead
breakaway rider pedaling hard at a cadence of 60-70rpm, with the
announcer claiming he was traveling at 60-65mph. [what size sprockets
does that take?]

I think he was using the Paragon Machine Works 66 tooth chainwheel in
the front. It might have been the smaller 60 tooth chainwheel, I
couldn't tell from the video. You need to get one.
Old July 19th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Doug[_7_]

On Jul 17, 10:08*am, SMS wrote:
wrote:
I watched the descent of the Tourmalet, the camera focused on a lead
breakaway rider pedaling hard at a cadence of 60-70rpm, with the
announcer claiming he was traveling at 60-65mph. *[what size sprockets
does that take?]

I think he was using the Paragon Machine Works 66 tooth chainwheel in
the front. It might have been the smaller 60 tooth chainwheel, I
couldn't tell from the video. You need to get one.

I remember flat out descending in my 53/11 on the Death ride,
spinning at least 150RPM to no avail, still couldn't keep up with the
gravity-endowed folks. The only time I approached 55MPH was coasting
down the east side of Carson pass. Didn't have that Paragon ring,
though, damn, coulda used the included bottle opener, too!
And correct me if I'm wrong, but since when is 60/70RPM pedaling hard
for a pro?

TdF reportage Bill Rides 4 July 16th 09 04:46 AM
TdF reportage Bill General 0 July 15th 09 09:35 AM
TdF reportage Bill Rides 0 July 15th 09 09:35 AM
TdF reportage raamman General 0 July 14th 09 03:42 PM