The secret of how to ride fast and far

Old July 30th 14, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default The secret of how to ride fast and far

I have been wearing Vans that are way worn out to get any grip I need to have my heals on the pedal and its not fun. Looking into shoes and was told about the 510's. I really like these the dirtbags because they are a style of shoe I could wear out whenever. I just wanted to see what you all thought about them and if you think they would be good for riding trails and stuff..
http://www.sport-lover.com
Old July 30th 14, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 3:58:59 PM UTC, davethedave wrote:
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 08:33:42 -0700, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Did you know wine sales volume has reached beer sales volume in

Australia? Are people becoming more cultured? Or is our wine just a

cheap alcoholic beverage?

http://theconversation.com/the-rise-...e-nation-14875

The best bottle of wine we ever had was Australian. Some friends

brought it to a casual party at our house, and we drank it weeks later.

It was so good it was other-worldly, with flavors cascading one after

another with each sip. Absolutely heavenly!

We strongly suspect it had been given to our friends, who "re-gifted" it

to us without knowing it's quality.

Unfortunately, we were never able to locate the wine again, and we've

since lost the note with the vintner's name. We keep hopefully trying

Australian wines, even though they're the exact opposite of Buying

Local.

Wolf Blass is an outstanding Aussie wine. Give it a go if you spot some.

--

davethedave

I helped raise finance for Blass when he started out in Australia. But his wines from the beginning were intended for a premium market. You don't need to pay Wolf Blass prices to get a good grip on Australian wine quality. I drink Australian wines most days at dinner. Best wines, generally, in the world, very consistent. Second best are the Chileans. You really have to know your French wines these days to get the good stuff and not be fobbed off with EU wine-lake ****. Most of the time I find the effort of getting good French too much to bother when Australian is so consistent and much cheaper.. A really good brand, with many fine bottlings at very reasonable prices, is Hardy's. But if you haven't tried the Australians yet, the generic varietals at the supermarkets are pretty good for pennies per glass. One I like is a "Southeastern Australian Shiraz" in a bulk bottling by the German supermakret Lidl under the house brand Cimarro, easily available to British members of this forum. In the Chilean varietals, the Errazuriz brand is reliable and not overpriced, though after thirty years as a cult wine for insiders, that won't last too many more years.

Andre Jute
Old July 30th 14, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:20:29 AM UTC+1, wrote:
I have been wearing Vans that are way worn out to get any grip I need to have my heals on the pedal and its not fun. Looking into shoes and was told about the 510's. I really like these the dirtbags because they are a style of shoe I could wear out whenever. I just wanted to see what you all thought about them and if you think they would be good for riding trails and stuff.

http://www.sport-lover.com

BEWARE! SPAM MERCHANT TRYING TO SELL CRAP SHOES WITH PAPER SOLES.