Clamping Bike in Workstand

Old August 2nd 05, 04:27 AM

Default Clamping Bike in Workstand

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:52:14 -0400, Ken Spencer
wrote:

In addition to the great advice given before, you might also consider a
bottom-bracket style repair stand.

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I think one of the main uses for
the repair stand, for me, will be just to clean the chain, so I think I
like the idea of not having to remove the front wheel to put the bike
on the repair stand.

I was all hopped up to get a nice repair stand for my apartment like
they have in the shops when I borrowed a friend's "A Sunday In Hell"
DVD.

I am intrigued by this DVD. Where did your friend get it, do you know?
I quickly checked Amazon, and it was not listed there. Sounds like a
neat thing to see.

Thanks again,

Ken

Dear Ken,

Two VHS copies are on auction on eBay.

Google for "sunday in hell" and "order" and Nashbar's DVD
will come up first out of almost 400 hits.

Carl Fogel
Old August 2nd 05, 05:23 AM

Sheldon Brown wrote:

That's TERRIBLE! That's too nice a bike to leave hanging in a work
stand for 7 years. Take it down and go for a ride!

No, man, he's only had the TOP TUBE clamped in the
stand for 7 years. The rest of the bike he rides all
the damn time.

I do agree that is too nice a top tube to be clamped
in a stand for 7 years.

Old August 3rd 05, 05:55 AM
Ken Spencer

Dear Ken,

Two VHS copies are on auction on eBay.

Google for "sunday in hell" and "order" and Nashbar's DVD
will come up first out of almost 400 hits.

Carl Fogel

thanks very much. I will go check it out!

Ken

--
(To reply via email, please remove "ECM" - thanks)

My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Rides 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM