Road rage bus driver faces jail for swerving in to cyclist

Old January 8th 12, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Road rage bus driver faces jail for swerving in to cyclist

On 08/01/2012 14:22, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:02:48 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

Well it's more likely that one of them will be wearing power ranger
lycra and look like a ****. Is that what you mean?

'Power Ranger Lycra'!

Oh I love it!!

Whatever tickles your fancy - but unless you want to have the ****
taken out of you (yet again) I suggest you keep your homo-erotic
fantasies to yourself.

Where I prone to wearing Power Ranger Lycra you might have scored a point.

As it is you have just suggested that all of your pedalophile mates and
Mr Firth have homo erotic fantasies.

Please examine feet for bullet wounds.

Are you really a teacher?

University
Old January 8th 12, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

Well it's more likely that one of them will be wearing power ranger
lycra and look like a ****. Is that what you mean?

'Power Ranger Lycra'!

Oh I love it!!

Whatever tickles your fancy - but unless you want to have the ****
taken out of you (yet again) I suggest you keep your homo-erotic
fantasies to yourself.

Where I prone to wearing Power Ranger Lycra you might have scored a point.

As it is you have just suggested that all of your pedalophile mates and
Mr Firth have homo erotic fantasies.

Please examine feet for bullet wounds.

Are you really a teacher?

There is no reason to believe that he does not say such things in "real life"
as well as on usenet.

I really do despair.

(When I say "he" - I really mean "Tom Crispin" - I would hate for Google
searches for him not to find such things. It is of course why he introduced
the name Bertie Wooster so that "real life" people would not realise that it
was he who was posting vitriolic, pathetic, or homo-phobic comments, or just
outright lies.

Old January 8th 12, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Judith wrote:

I wonder - are there any photos of anyone we know suitably dressed up?

Oddly enough doing a search for miserable cyclists in lycra resulted
in this:

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/Resu...010%201000.jpg

Anyone you know? Looks like a typical cyclist, face as miserable as
sin so clearly enjoying his ride out snarf.

There was also this piece linked to the previous:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

It's interesting to note the advice given by police:

"I would advise cyclists looking at investing on their bikes and
riding apparatus to invest in reflective clothing, cycle helmets,
high visibility lights and decent D-locks to ensure their safety
and the security of their property."

They don't seem to have a very high opinon of vigilante action by
cyclists, do they?
Old January 8th 12, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:42:47 +0000, (Steve Firth) wrote:

Judith wrote:

I wonder - are there any photos of anyone we know suitably dressed up?

Oddly enough doing a search for miserable cyclists in lycra resulted
in this:

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/Resu...010%201000.jpg

Anyone you know? Looks like a typical cyclist, face as miserable as
sin so clearly enjoying his ride out snarf.

There was also this piece linked to the previous:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

It's interesting to note the advice given by police:

"I would advise cyclists looking at investing on their bikes and
riding apparatus to invest in reflective clothing, cycle helmets,
high visibility lights and decent D-locks to ensure their safety
and the security of their property."

They don't seem to have a very high opinon of vigilante action by
cyclists, do they?

Excellent - many thanks - those were just the type of examples I was looking
for.

Old January 8th 12, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
NM

On Jan 8, 3:42*am, "Simon Mason" wrote:
On Jan 7, 1:48 pm, The Revd wrote:

Not sure why you think they are "affluent".

people who can drop a few grand on a bike, don't tend to be poor.

They do tend to be stupid for doing so, though.- Hide quoted text -

You are simply wrong.
*Really* stupid people buy a new car and lose the equivalent of a 4000 quid
carbon bike as they drive it out of the showroom.
That is stupidity personified.

--
Simon Mason

And spending 4K on a push bike isn't?
Old January 9th 12, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:50:17 +0000, Judith wrote:

sad *******.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old January 9th 12, 04:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

On Jan 7, 1:48 pm, The Revd wrote:

Not sure why you think they are "affluent".

people who can drop a few grand on a bike, don't tend to be poor.

They do tend to be stupid for doing so, though.- Hide quoted text -

You are simply wrong.
*Really* stupid people buy a new car and lose the equivalent of a 4000
quid
carbon bike as they drive it out of the showroom.
That is stupidity personified.

--
Simon Mason

And spending 4K on a push bike isn't?- Hide quoted text -

It has already paid for itself in fuel savings alone.

--
Simon Mason

Old January 9th 12, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr Benn[_4_]

What an ugly *******.

Anyone you know? Looks like a typical cyclist, face as miserable as
sin so clearly enjoying his ride out snarf.

I'm sure I've seen that face before somewhere.

Old January 9th 12, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jan 7, 1:48 pm, The Revd wrote:

Not sure why you think they are "affluent".

people who can drop a few grand on a bike, don't tend to be poor.

They do tend to be stupid for doing so, though.- Hide quoted text -

You are simply wrong.
*Really* stupid people buy a new car and lose the equivalent of a 4000 quid
carbon bike as they drive it out of the showroom.
That is stupidity personified.

--
Simon Mason

And spending 4K on a push bike isn't?- Hide quoted text -

I was reading of one costing £8000 in this week's Cycling Weekly.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 28th 12, 05:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Another one who lost the plot.

QUOTE:

Scott, 52, "lost his mind" and slammed into cars and buildings after
children on the street called him a "fat b******", made V-signs and
shouted "how fat is your wife?". He lurched towards them and lost
control of his vehicle in Carshalton High Street, Sutton, south
London, causing £260,000 of damage to cars and to three buildings, on
August 27, 2010, a court heard. There were only minor injuries caused
during the crash, which happened after Scott swerved his coach towards
a group of children on the pavement.

Croydon Crown Court heard that professional driver Scott lost his
temper after children on a bus in front of his West Bus coach were
goading him by sticking out their tongues and making V signs. CCTV
footage showed the group of a dozen children, aged between 11 and 14,
getting out at a stop in Carshalton High Street and continuing to
abuse the driver
Scott, from Reading, aggressively veered his coach at the children to
give them a warning, but they continued to mock his weight.

The court heard Scott "lost his mind" and persisted in swerving at the
youngsters despite being in busy bank holiday weekend traffic and on a
narrow high street.

On the final swerve, Scott tried to overcompensate and the coach,
which was transporting five John Lewis staff from a training day,
careered into oncoming traffic, causing a six-car pile-up and damage
to three buildings.

Nick Henderson, a John Lewis employee, whose statement was read out in
court said: "I shouted at the driver to stop when he hit buildings. He
only stopped when a road sign came through the windscreen and I was
thrown to the floor."

Recorder Andrew Campbell-Tiech QC disqualified Scott from driving for
three years, ordered him to pay £500 costs and to do 200 hours of
unpaid work.

He said: "You were driving so far below the average standards of a
competent bus driver. "Count yourself fortunate, for you are. Prison
is not called for, but don't let me down."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...is-weight.html

--
Simon Mason