Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

Old May 12th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

Here's my new thread.

My idea is a unicycle design competition.
People, design what you want the next*........*to be.

- *Unicycle*
- *BC*
- *UW*
- *Half fork unicycle*
- *Recumbent*
etc

If any of you guys/gals have an idea put it here. You can post your
designs and explain your creations and discuss it with others.

*
SO ENJOY AND LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD. *

--
Hazmat

*1 weird greek cypriot australian destined to be different.*

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote*
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Unicycle Design/Creation competition*.
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 15th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

feel the light wrote:
You have to design something to play !

Which is why i have made this thread. So people can create their
own....

- Unicycle
- BC
- UW
- Half fork unicycle
- Recumbent

and post them.

--
Hazmat

*1 weird greek cypriot australian destined to be different.*

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote*
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition*.
Old May 15th 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iPod_therefore_iUni

Well what a coincident???

my bro has just recently had this crazy idea of building his own custom
unicycle... maybe it isn't so crazy after all.

--
iPod_therefore_iUni

SHUT UP AND UNI!
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 15th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AscenXion

kington99 wrote:
Are you aware that half forks are reasonably common in the bike world?
Infact people will spend nearly an average month's wage on one of these
''retarded' frames.' (http://tinyurl.com/2pyx7p) Personally I can't see
the point, I would have thought that a single fork is a less efficient
design so how every much weight you save by removing one fork, you have
to add more than that to the other, but apparently I'm wrong. i think
the trouble for adapting this to unicycles would be the way in which
the hub attaches to the bearings, the axle cant be fixed as it is in
bikes because the crank on the outside of the fork need to turn it, it
would require some pretty special bearings but could be an amazing
project.

I saw a bike with a half fork the other day. I seriously couldn't get
the image of the bike RIDER having only one leg out of my mind. I don't
know why. I don't equate normal forks with people's legs. But for some
reason, seeing this bike with only one fork side made me think that the
guy only had one leg...it was quite odd and a little spooky. And
prompted my wife, who have never known they existed before, to ask what
it was to be called, then? A spoon, a knife?

Other than that, i think they look really cool, and especially on
motorcycles with single sided swing arms and what not. Though, I agree
that I don't see a point.

To the op, I would like some variety. Just some really far out designs
for the frames and such, and a wider variety of saddle shapes and
sizes. Some more colors. Just a general beefier, cooler, monsterER
looking uni, but under the $500 price. Along the lines of another
thread, if Kris Holm would think more like Pokémon, and have the "gotta
catch 'em all" mentality, and changed his design every year. Not only
would he PROBABLY make more money, it would definitely help the sport
to stand out a little, and for people to have more originality in their
products.

Also, I think that the seat post should be replaced with a hinged post,
that is mounted fixed to the frame, and pivots up or down for height
adjustment. Much like the look of the thud buster seat posts, except
without the shock and with the ability to lock in a certain height...so
nothing like it...but kinda like it...get it?

--
AscenXion

*\ /*
*/ \*

*µニ Rider*
*SingleTrak'n*
*Order Of One [O³]*

*You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
intolerant god.*

http://www.usenet.com
Old May 15th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AscenXion

musketman wrote:
Just want to let you know I was kidding. MUAHAHAHA!

I hoped that was the case, unlike the guy a year or so ago, that came
on here and asked how to get in touch with SOMEONE so that he could get
his design sold to them. And he wouldn't explain it to us so as to not
be copied or infringed....people are silly...quite stupid when you get
right down to it.

--
AscenXion

*\ /*
*/ \*

Old May 15th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

AscenXion wrote:
I hoped that was the case, unlike the guy a year or so ago, that came on
here and asked how to get in touch with SOMEONE so that he could get
his design sold to them. And he wouldn't explain it to us so as to not
be copied or infringed....people are silly...quite stupid when you get
right down to it.

and I know that comming from me, this has gotten quite old, but
seriously, Hazmat need to learn to read.

Old May 15th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

AscenXion wrote:
I saw a bike with a half fork the other day. I seriously couldn't get
the image of the bike RIDER having only one leg out of my mind. I don't
know why. I don't equate normal forks with people's legs. But for some
reason, seeing this bike with only one fork side made me think that the
guy only had one leg...it was quite odd and a little spooky. And
prompted my wife, who have never known they existed before, to ask what
it was to be called,

Yeah they really look bizzarre, I can remeber just staring at one on
the trail, it just looked so wrong. I guess that's how people feel when
they see unicyclists.

Funnily enough i saw the exact bike that feel the light posted parked
down the road the other day, I stopped to examin the way the thinner
tube runs from the left hand side of the wheel across in front of it to
hook up on the right side of the swing arm pivot, a really crazy design
i'd not seen before. I can fully understand the single swing arm for
motorbikes, but my car essentially has exactly the same in the rear and
it requires some seriously heavy components to keep everything in line.
Also there's no redundancy, which has come back to bite the
manafacturers in the ass, I just found this recall notice:

"Cannondale is voluntarily recalling 367 Carbon Lefty suspension forks.
If you think you may have an affected fork, stop using it immediately!
This bicycle fork can break, causing loss of control and possibly
serious injury or death."

I guess if one of two shocks breaks you can probably ride it out, but
if a lefty gives way...

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old May 15th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

i want a frame with an integrated seat post clamp...
ive seen a road bike with one before, but i forgot the name of the
company that makes it..

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 16th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

What it you fall and bust the clamp ?

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 16th 07, 07:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

AscenXion wrote:
I think that the seat post should be replaced with a hinged post, that
is mounted fixed to the frame, and pivots up or down for height
adjustment. Much like the look of the thud buster seat posts, except
without the shock and with the ability to lock in a certain height...so
nothing like it...but kinda like it...get it?

There was a MTB seatpost that did something like this, and was
intended to allow a rider to go from a fully extended seatpost (for
climbing) to a lowered height (for descents) by moving a
thumb-activated lever mounted on the handlebar. It got decent reviews,
but was considered a little too clunky and expensive to be all that
practical for most riders.

Since most of my riding on my muni involves only two heights (one for
normal riding, and a lowered position when we're trying to do natural
trials-type stuff, it'd be pretty convenient to have what you describe.

--
pkittle

Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
http://www.usenet.com