Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

Old December 11th 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 12/10/2010 11:28 PM, DirtRoadie WHO? ANONYMOUSLY SNIPES:

Hmm. Given your fears, I suppose Quebec must have special Ground Meat
Crews to scrape away all the dead cyclists!

- Frank Krygowski

**** you.

+1
DR

Good to see the maturity and civility of the group being preserved.

/sarcasm

Calling me a coward is bad enough but making light
of the dead cyclists here, some of which were friends
and all of which were persons, was a bit much.

Old December 11th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

"DirtRoadie" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 8:14 pm, "Duane Hebert" wrote:
"T m Sherm n _ " " wrote in

As with Duane, I can help you find a library if you like.

Your an idiot.

Correction: "You're an idiot".

Thanks. So that should be "You're an idiot" then?

Well, not by himself. Tom is an idiot along with Frank.

I know. But Tom has a sense of humor.

Old December 11th 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message
Duane Hébert considered Fri, 10 Dec 2010
15:52:20 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 12/10/2010 3:08 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:

We have a similar set of requirements here, and bicycles are indeed
supposed to conform to vehicular rules, but NOT when those are
explicitly stated to be for motor vehicles.
As an example, speed limits only apply to motor vehicles (except in
Royal Parks, which can make their own byelaws, and chose to state "any
vehicle" as part of their speed limit rule, instead of "motor vehicle"
as used in the national legislation.

"Any other vehicle" would mean things like hours limits intended for
truck drivers would also be applicable to cyclists, as would the
requirement so fit tachometers.

On the bright side, it says you have the same rights as well as the
same duties, so you can't be hounded off the roads onto facilities.

We have the same stipulations but we apparently can be hounded
off the roads, at least in case of where a bike lane exists. It's not as
bad as it sounds though. I don't know of any bike lane here that puts me
in a door zone, for example. Usually where there's on street parking,
there is no bike lane. Or there's a bike lane that's separated from
the street. In some cases, the bike lanes are on roads where the traffic
is heavy or the speed limit is fast and I probably wouldn't take the road
without the lane.

Old December 11th 10, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

"RobertH" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 7:55 pm, "Duane Hebert" wrote:

Your response was much more polite than mine. You must be new dealing
with
this
guy.

Truthfully I first experienced the whole ordeal maybe 10 or more years
ago. The ordeal loses its effect after you've experienced it 30 or 40
times.

So you can eventually ignore him?

Old December 11th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

"RobertH" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 7:55 pm, "Duane Hebert" wrote:

Your response was much more polite than mine. You must be new dealing
with
this
guy.

Here's an old exchange with Frank where, in exasperation, I reply to
his formulaic spiel using using recycled responses from older threads.
In the recycled quotes there are references to still older threads.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...38159264d66f1e

At least he's consistent. Sounds pretty much like the same stuff that I was
greeted with
when I first posted here. Made the mistake of describing a fall where my
helmet was
dented. May have even remarked that I was glad that the dent was in the
helmet and
not my had. After that, the siege began.

Old December 11th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Kill-filing

On 12/11/2010 2:32 AM, Jym Dyer wrote:
I'm aware of how MIME works. It doesn't change the underlying
foundation of Usenet, it just makes it possible to piggyback
non-ASCII content onto an ASCII medium of transport.

=v= There aren't so many NNTP servers as there used to be.
Are any of them really so old that they still choke on 8 bits?
_Jym_

Ask the people over on alt.shut.the.hell.up.geek.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 11th 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/11/2010 8:29 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:
"T�m Sherm�n� " wrote in
message ...
On 12/10/2010 11:28 PM, DirtRoadie WHO? ANONYMOUSLY SNIPES:

Hmm. Given your fears, I suppose Quebec must have special Ground Meat
Crews to scrape away all the dead cyclists!

- Frank Krygowski

**** you.

+1
DR

Good to see the maturity and civility of the group being preserved.

/sarcasm

Calling me a coward is bad enough but making light
of the dead cyclists here, some of which were friends
and all of which were persons, was a bit much.

And lying/libel is not a bit much?

Old December 11th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/11/2010 8:26 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:
"T�m Sherm�n� " wrote in
message ...
On 12/11/2010 12:01 AM, DirtRoadie wrote:
Holy crap! No wonder you think you can get away with the **** you do.
On many of the roads around here a half hour drive would probably take
a driver past 50 or more cyclists.

I doubt that I have passed 50 cyclists in a motor vehicle this year.

Have you driven a motor vehicle this year?

About 7,000 miles for work. Another couple of thousand on out of state
trips.

Old December 11th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Dec 11, 8:23*am, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 12/11/2010 8:29 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:

"T m Sherm n _ " *wrote in
On 12/10/2010 11:28 PM, DirtRoadie WHO? ANONYMOUSLY SNIPES:

Hmm. *Given your fears, I suppose Quebec must have special Ground Meat
Crews to scrape away all the dead cyclists!

- Frank Krygowski

**** you.

+1
DR

Good to see the maturity and civility of the group being preserved.

/sarcasm

Calling me a coward is bad enough but making light
of the dead cyclists here, some of which were friends
and all of which were persons, was a bit much.

And lying/libel is not a bit much?

Yes, Frank lies regularly, pathologically.
What's your point?
And again you use the term "libel."
Perhaps you can describe what you are referring to with that term.
DR
Old December 11th 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/11/2010 8:36 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 7:55 pm, "Duane wrote:

Your response was much more polite than mine. You must be new dealing
with
this
guy.

Truthfully I first experienced the whole ordeal maybe 10 or more years
ago. The ordeal loses its effect after you've experienced it 30 or 40
times.

So you can eventually ignore him?

Frank Krygowski does not bother me, but then I had already come to the
same conclusions on Hell Mutts and farcilities (sic) before being a
regular on RBT.

Maybe it takes an engineer to understand an engineer?