SR 15

Old November 29th 17, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default SR 15

I rode on Detroit Street today -- just far enough to get to the other
side of US 30. Oddly, the swirling traffic where the two barrier
roads intersect is less hair-raising than the rest of SR 15. I
suppose that that is because they expected swirling traffic and put in
extra lanes to accommodate it.

And I didn't let the first stop light toll me over into the left-turn
lane. Once past 30, *any* left turn will do -- but the first light is
to let traffic that had been eastbound on 30 turn onto Detroit --
there *is* no left turn.

For a while, I thought that I'd have to turn right onto Anchorage and
turn around in Smith Tire's parking lot, but a hole in the traffic
came along at just the right time to let me set up a left turn.

But it's not the sort of thing that I'd do when it isn't three O'clock
and sunset's at five, and I want to stop for eggs and crackers, and
buy stew pork for tomorrow's supper. (I thought I was buying stew
beef.)

Got home at 16:33; since there was half an hour of civil twilight and
it wasn't cloudy, I made curfew with an hour to spare.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net