2008 chorus 10sp with 09 Centaur levers

Old October 18th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Martin

Default 2008 chorus 10sp with 09 Centaur levers

Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?

Thanks

Old October 18th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Oct 17, 6:19*pm, "Jeff Martin" wrote:
Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. *If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?

Thanks

Should work fine. I have an '06 Centaur RD and '06 Record FD matched
with '09 Veloce Ergos. Everything works great.
Old October 18th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jean Pasquet[_2_]

Bonjour,

Hank a écrit :
On Oct 17, 6:19*pm, "Jeff Martin" wrote:
Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. *If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?

Thanks

Should work fine. I have an '06 Centaur RD and '06 Record FD matched
with '09 Veloce Ergos. Everything works great.

Yes,
It is my case Ergopower Centaur on 2009 with equipement Chorus.
In the back, work fine
A the front, hardness of passage, but the front derailleur is Dura Ace.
I made a test with an old front dérailleur Record, result fine work !

--
Cordialement
Jean Pasquet

Old October 18th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 17, 7:19*pm, "Jeff Martin" wrote:
Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. *If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?

Thanks

Yes. With 2009 Veloce, we ensured that the 2009 levers were compatible
with 2008 and older rear derailleurs. With the LH 2009 shigter, it's
like the older Record /Chorus of 2007/8 and older all others. NICE
shape, I agree, very comfy even if it looks like a ray gun.
Old October 18th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 18, 4:39*am, Jean Pasquet wrote:
Bonjour,

Hank a écrit :

On Oct 17, 6:19*pm, "Jeff Martin" wrote:
Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. *If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?

Thanks

Should work fine. I have an '06 Centaur RD and '06 Record FD matched
with '09 Veloce Ergos. Everything works great.

Yes,
It is my case Ergopower Centaur on 2009 with equipement Chorus.
In the back, work fine
A the front, hardness of passage, but the front derailleur is Dura Ace.
I made a test with an old front dérailleur Record, result fine work !

--
Cordialement
Jean Pasquet
[On respecte un homme qui se respecte lui-même] *Honoré de Balzac
(pour réponse, remettre les 3 voyelles de mon nom)

Excellent, another reason to use all Campagnolo and not sully it with
brand x or y.
Old October 18th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Oct 18, 5:35*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:19*pm, "Jeff Martin" wrote:

Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. *If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?

Thanks

Yes. With 2009 Veloce, we ensured that the 2009 levers were compatible
with 2008 and older rear derailleurs. With the LH 2009 shigter, it's
like the older Record /Chorus of 2007/8 and older all others. NICE
shape, I agree, very comfy even if it looks like a ray gun.

....a ray gun designed by Salvador Dali.
Old October 18th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jean Pasquet[_2_]

Bonjour,

wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:19*pm, "Jeff Martin" wrote:

Have a full 08 Chorus group on my bike. *If I wanted the new shaped levers
and stay 10sp will the 09 Centaur levers match for proper shifting?
Thanks

Yes. With 2009 Veloce, we ensured that the 2009 levers were compatible
with 2008 and older rear derailleurs. With the LH 2009 shigter, it's
like the older Record /Chorus of 2007/8 and older all others. NICE
shape, I agree, very comfy even if it looks like a ray gun.

...a ray gun designed by Salvador Dali.

....But the comfort of ergopower is distinctly better, after test of 700
Km.
Alas, if they thought of the big hands, the small hands were forgotten
!