Are Pedal Washers Required On FSA Carbon Cranks?

Old October 19th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David White[_2_]

Default Are Pedal Washers Required On FSA Carbon Cranks?

I am new to these (SLK Compact) cranks. Putting them on for a buddy. He
says the pedal washers are not required. The installation instructions
say they are. I don't have them. How important is this? Certainly do not
want a failure or to damage these things. Thanks
Old October 19th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 18, 6:18*pm, David White wrote:
I am new to these (SLK Compact) cranks. Putting them on for a buddy. He
says the pedal washers are not required. The installation instructions
say they are. I don't have them. How important is this? Certainly do not
want a failure or to damage these things. Thanks

Indeed they are. Manufacturer says they are, why would this 'guy' say
they aren't? Some pedal spindles, the part past the threads, will goon
up the carbon. Hence the pedal washers.
Old October 19th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David White[_2_]

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Oct 18, 6:18 pm, David White wrote:
I am new to these (SLK Compact) cranks. Putting them on for a buddy. He
says the pedal washers are not required. The installation instructions
say they are. I don't have them. How important is this? Certainly do not
want a failure or to damage these things. Thanks

Indeed they are. Manufacturer says they are, why would this 'guy' say
they aren't? Some pedal spindles, the part past the threads, will goon
up the carbon. Hence the pedal washers.

As always, thanks for the response Peter. I will do it by the book. I
will have to contact FSA for the parts. Since they are not that far
away, perhaps I can drop by there to get them.