San Diego Bike Shop and Ride Recommendations

Old November 11th 04, 12:48 PM
rascal

Default San Diego Bike Shop and Ride Recommendations

I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

Thanks
Ron
Old November 11th 04, 12:59 PM
Davey Crockett

rascal writes:

I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

Take a trip to Agua Calientes to see the Gee-Gees

Don't let the Nana's in Sin-City sidetrack you when you cross the Border

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site - current year Sixes: http://sixday.741.com/2004-2005/2004-2005.html

Old November 11th 04, 09:03 PM
Mike Connair

rascal wrote in message . ..
I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

Thanks
Ron

Try Nytro in Encinitas. I rented a Felt road bike there the summer
before last. Convenient to rail and bus lines. Easy ride to SD via
Torrey Pines, La Jolla Mission Bay. Mt Soledad is between there and SD
too. There's a biketrail along a river north of there. Ask about it at
the shop. They'll probably know how to find it. There will be plenty
of riders on the Pacific Coast Highhway.

Old November 18th 04, 03:38 AM
Philip Holman

"rascal" wrote in message
I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

I rented a bike from Mission Bay about 1 block north of the Mission
beach entrance off Mission Blvd . I was lucky enough that their single
road bike fit (57cm) which was about $30 for the week. I rode out to
LaHolla and up the Pacific Coast highway, sometimes via Soledad. Also
did the Fiesta Island loop where you can do multiple laps with no
traffic stops.

PH