minoura floor pump hose

Old May 18th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
cliff

Default minoura floor pump hose

I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.
Old May 18th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ecnerwal

In article
,
cliff wrote:

I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
"historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."

YMMV.

Old May 18th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 18, 12:32 am, cliff wrote:
I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose?

There are a multitude of hoses/heads available online. Pull off the
old. Wiggle on the new. Clamp or use a couple zip ties to secure, pump
away. Some times you have to cut away a fitting to get to plain hose
is all.

About $15 gets you something like this:

http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking...PPRTFLR/PU1722

Old May 18th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
cliff

On May 18, 6:28*am, Ecnerwal
wrote:
In article
,

*cliff wrote:
I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. *The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. *Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? *If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? *The pump works just fine otherwise. *TIA.

Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
"historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."

YMMV.

Thanks. This is just what I was thinking of doing since the hose has
a leak anyway. I greatly appreciate your insight.
Old May 18th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

cliff wrote:
On May 18, 6:28 am, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article
,

cliff wrote:

I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Looking at a similar issue on a pump of no brand that I recall, when I
stripped off the crimp from the fitting (wire cutters and brute force,
IIRC), there was a barb - and you can simply put a normal air hose over
the barb, then use a normal hose clamp on it, if you are not bound up in
"historically correct" .vs. "works, and easy to repair the next time."

YMMV.

Thanks. This is just what I was thinking of doing since the hose has
a leak anyway. I greatly appreciate your insight.

If you have an Oetiker clamp tool that is less bulky and likely to cause
an issue than a regular worm-drive hose clamp. Unfortunately, finding a
source for the Oetiker clamps themselves may be problematic, unless you
have a really good speed shop or German car specialty parts store in
your area.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old May 18th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 18, 11:52 am, Nate Nagel wrote:
cliff wrote:
On May 18, 6:28 am, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article
,

cliff wrote:

[...]

If you want an oetiker clamp--for that Yurpeen tech edge, call a
landscape supply company and ask if they can slap one on there for ya.
Alternately, they're also very popular with the washing machine tuning
crowd--but those guys are total snobs.

Old May 18th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

cliff wrote:
I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Any modern pump hose or hose with head. Use a stainless hose clamp on
your present barb.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old May 18th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
cliff wrote:

I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is threaded onto the pump base. The hose is crimped to the
threaded junction. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement
hose? If not, is there a threaded fitting that will allow me to use a
standard air hose? The pump works just fine otherwise. TIA.

Look for industrial supply shops that do compressed air.
At least one will cut and fit to order while you wait.
Take in the pump, old hose, and fittings.

--
Michael Press

The last floor pump? Roger Zoul General 36 March 30th 07 03:22 AM
Do I really need a floor pump? Will frame pump suffice? [email protected] Techniques 15 June 12th 06 08:44 PM
track pump hose? Ian Smith UK 3 January 23rd 06 05:51 PM
Floor pump releases 15 psi when removing hose from valve! (normal?) chrisc Techniques 6 August 5th 05 03:54 PM
WTB: Medai pump hose kluke Marketplace 1 October 13th 03 09:57 PM