FSA chainring question

Old October 20th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RS

Default FSA chainring question

I have a FSA Energy ISIS compact crank and the rings are getting
worn, especially the big one. I can pick up a newer FSA Gossamer
megaexo cheap enough which has much cleaner rings, cheaper than
buying new rings. Are these the same rings?

thanks, Rick

Old October 20th 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Oct 19, 10:50*pm, RS wrote:
I have a FSA Energy ISIS compact crank and the rings are getting
worn, especially the big one. *I can pick up a newer FSA Gossamer
megaexo cheap enough which has much cleaner rings, cheaper than
buying new rings. *Are these the same rings? *

thanks, Rick

A quick look at FSA's website shows that no, they're not the same
rings. the Gossamer rings have traditional cutouts, while the Energy
rings are CNC machined to thin the edges inside the spider. I can't
say which is better, but I prefer the look of the Gossamer.

Chainring Question Kenneth Clements UK 10 October 12th 06 08:46 PM
chainring question Ken M General 0 July 6th 05 07:48 PM
chainring question Ken M Techniques 0 July 6th 05 07:48 PM
chainring question Steve W Techniques 1 May 4th 05 11:09 PM
chainring question Steve W UK 0 May 4th 05 10:00 PM