I guess that makes three things the guy's done right.

Old August 18th 05, 02:43 AM
Mark Hickey

Default I guess that makes three things the guy's done right.

" wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:
" wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

These days it should be pretty obvious that you don't actually have to
be in the office to get anything done

Politics is about face-to-face.

In a perfect world, yes.

:roll eyes:

Yeah, all those treaties signed over the years - "just fax that to me."

The fact remains that the vast majority of statesmanship is done over
the phone. Bush has made lots of trips elsewhere in the middle of his
"vacations" to do the necessary face-to-face stuff that couldn't be
done at his ranch. I should also remind you that he DOES entertain
many heads of state at his ranch, so it's quite possible that he will
(has?) signed treaties in Texas.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old August 18th 05, 03:09 AM
JohnH

Either because they are brainwashed by state propaganda or they want
to believe their son/daughter died for a reason. The truth of this
war is just too ****ing obvious.

Damn I can't stand your type...

And I yours.

Old August 18th 05, 03:54 AM
cc

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"cc" wrote:

"Bill Sornson" wrote
cc wrote:

The sacrifice of life does not make it a just mission. Many have died
for terrible causes. I'm sure some of the families of the SS felt
that way too.

That's all anyone needs to see or hear. Comparing Hitler's Nazi
Jew-killing thugs to Coalition forces in Iraq.

Bill, find a better point to argue here. You know the point that I'm
making,
and it has nothing to do with calling the soldiers in Iraq Nazis. I'm just
saying that the logic of sending soldiers "in honor" of those that died
and
using that to justify the completion of said "mission" is totally faulty.

Too late - Godwin's law has been invoked (and yes, your example is
more than just a bit over the top - it shows either a desire to
inflame or a near total lack of historical perspective).

Talk to those who understand our total disrespect and disregard for other
cultures, and to the families of victims of violence, murder and genocide
that we have caused - directly or through assasinations or pure ignorance -
around the world. One doesn't have to look too far to see closer parallels
than you'd like.

That said, the United States is just that: a thug. We spit in the face of
the United Nations, or any other civilized law-making body.

Wait - which is it - the UN or a "civilized law-making body". I'm
amazed at those who still trust the UN to do anything other than
funnel around graft and bribes. It's about time someone DID hold the
UN's feet to the fire - the alternative is to simply let it die the
slow and awful death it's experiencing now. Perhaps you ARE happy
with the current state of the UN (see note above about "lack of
historical perspective).

The point is that we are not the ONLY nation in the world, and we shouldn't
act like it. Just because our military is manyfold any other country doesn't
mean we should act the bully.

If you read the
excerpt from Bolton (now our UN ambassador) that I posted earlier, you
would
know that. What makes us so special as to start an occupation of a country
that has not provoked our attack? You really think that - given the
choice -
the majority of Iraqis would have voted for us to come and demolish their
country, kill thousands of their citizens, and incite the development of
terrorist forces under the guise of democracy? Yeah right.

Most Iraqis want us there now, and most are really, really glad that
Saddam is gone. They'll be much more happy when the insurgents
finally run out of gullible people (though this thread proves there
are some left). ;-)

Says who? They will never run out of "gullible people." The stock of Iraqi
citizens that live below the poverty line, have to struggle for day-to-day
survival, and who no longer have any of the benefits offered by the
now-defunct government is endless. With American soldiers occupying their
homeland after destroying (and not repairing) vital infrastructure,
murdering thousands of innocent civilians, and stealing Iraqi money openly,
do you think it's that hard to point the finger? It's not like this is the
first offense. . .

You are all simply too inebriated with the wine of our corporate-owned
media. Try reading a book sometime. Seriously.

No wonder you post anonymously...

It makes absolutely no difference to you or anyone on this newsgroup
whether
or not my identity is known. I don't care if I know you as Bill or um,
anything else.

OK, "c". It's always been my experience that an anonymous opinion is
one without conviction, but that's just me I guess.

Does it sound like I lack conviction? Stick to the point.

You are also quite aware of the super, fun people that show up on this
group
that I wouldn't want knowing my location. Not to mention those -- clearly
exceptionally skilled at rational argument -- use my current school as a
reason to insult.

Methinks you worry too much, but again - that's just me.

Again, irrelevant.

Old August 18th 05, 04:49 AM
Corvus Corvax

MTBlood wrote:

Damn I can't stand your type...

Right. Is this you?

http://tinyurl.com/bpvy6

CC (the other one)

Old August 18th 05, 05:15 AM
MTBlood

" nope...can't stand hippies...

you can stop proving you're ignorant now. go back to watching television.

Wow...what a great comeback! I'm disappointed...I thought my ignorant ass
would be awed with your infinite wisdom...

This is a mountain bike newsgroup..take your anti-war, anti-American ****
where it belongs. I made great sacrifices for this country and I did so with
my head high and with honor that can only be bestowed upon a U.S. service
member. Your statements are a disrespect to every man and women in uniform.
It's simply easy to judge and have opinions from the comfort of your living
room being influenced by what the media wants you to believe. Put your boots
on the ground, dodge a few bullets, and see the progress made by your
efforts and then come back with your story. Only then will I listen to your
ramblings....

Old August 18th 05, 05:26 AM
MTBlood

[...]

Holy ****..now I have it..you were reminding me of someone and now I know
who...you're the political version of Vandeman

Old August 18th 05, 05:30 AM
Bill Sornson

Corvus Corvax wrote:
MTBlood wrote:

Damn I can't stand your type...

Right. Is this you?

http://tinyurl.com/bpvy6

CC (the other one)

That's the mullet spelling. DUH!

Old August 18th 05, 07:10 AM
Raptor

Bill Sornson wrote:
cc wrote:

"JD" wrote in message
groups.com...

gree-c quoted someone else:

"I want him to honor my son by bringing the troops home
immediately," Sheehan told reporters Saturday.

That quote could only make one wonder if her son would feel honor in
his name being used to desert a mission he sacrificed his life for
before it was completed.

The sacrifice of life does not make it a just mission. Many have died
for terrible causes. I'm sure some of the families of the SS felt
that way too.

That's all anyone needs to see or hear. Comparing Hitler's Nazi Jew-killing
thugs to Coalition forces in Iraq.

No wonder you post anonymously...

Compare them to what you wish. Latest news is that the abuse of
prisoners is more widespread than we thought, Abu Graib being just one
example. This is not acceptable. Where is the outrage?

This war was a bad idea from the beginning. Anyone who looked at the
available information knew that. Anyone who looked at the big blank
document titled "Winning the Peace" knew it. Anyone watching the polls
knew it. The support wasn't there until Shrub made the fight a fait
accompli, then it spiked, and now it's gone.

It is incompetence bordering on criminal that this clown troupe dragged
us into a war that would prove more difficult than they thought, that
would last longer than they thought, and now suffers the resounding lack
of public support that it has now.

War is humanity at its worst, and deserves profoundly more discretion
than our ahem leaders gave it in this case.

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Old August 18th 05, 07:27 AM
G.T.

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
oups.com...

MTBlood wrote:

Damn I can't stand your type...

Right. Is this you?

http://tinyurl.com/bpvy6

How do you know he's not talking about my buddy Alfredo Moran?

Greg

Old August 18th 05, 07:44 AM
Bill Sornson

Raptor wrote:

This war was a bad idea from the beginning. Anyone who looked at the
available information knew that.

Like Hillary, Kerry, Edwards...