A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Baggage on a Brompton

Old August 4th 15, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Baggage on a Brompton

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 12:34:04 PM UTC+1, wrote:
urban dictionary sez poncer is: Faire chier

GooTrans sez Faire chier is: ****

Google makes you even you look more stupid than you are, Daniels, which takes some doing.

Try the OED instead, which, since I'm too busy to look it up, I'll paraphrase for you, not as weird as it may sound to you because the Oxford depends for its definitions on how people like me write and speak:

Ponce, n: derogatory noun for an effeminate male: Peter Howard of Slade Point is such a ponce, nobody'd even believe he has congress with the ewe he keeps staked out back.
Ponce [about, around], v: Transitive verb (to ponce) for behaving in an affected and ineffectual manner: Peter Howard ponces around on the net as a flame warrior but the poor little man is nothing more than a wannabe.
Poncier: adjectival comparative: Poor Little Howie is poncier than a fifth wheel on a wagon, more useless than tits on a bull.
Ponce up: unnecessary elaboration or change to something already functional: That idiot Peter Howard came here looking to be stroked by us for poncing up his twee little folder well beyond its designer's intention or engineering sanity.

I also once in a hurricane put the City of Germiston, my yacht, in to Ponce, a dingy little port in Puerto Rico, as in "any ponce in a storm", to which the appropriate chorus when around Little Howie is, "all cats are dark in the night".

Andre Jute
Making the language dance
Ads