Tektro calipers

Old March 6th 17, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Tektro calipers

How the heck does one figure out which Tektro caliper to buy?
I mean, I see that the words "Long Arms" to the right of "R559". But that's it? Is there nothing else to say about these except the arm length? The R369 also has 55-73mm long arms, I guess the only difference is the style brake pads it takes, not sure. Wish they'd list applications for us dummies.

dkl
Old March 6th 17, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/6/2017 2:18 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
How the heck does one figure out which Tektro caliper to buy?
I mean, I see that the words "Long Arms" to the right of "R559". But that's it? Is there nothing else to say about these except the arm length? The R369 also has 55-73mm long arms, I guess the only difference is the style brake pads it takes, not sure. Wish they'd list applications for us dummies.

dkl

Some details he
http://www.yellowjersey.org/mbs.html

There are other (longer) lengths as well

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Tektro brakes toe-in John Hearns UK 5 July 17th 05 05:30 AM
Installing Tektro Calipers Sean M. Cunningham Techniques 1 May 29th 05 10:24 AM
WTB: Tektro RX 40 brake calipers Mike Marketplace 2 May 13th 05 02:30 PM
Brake Calipers: Tektro RX40 vs Dura-Ace ? Mike Techniques 12 May 12th 05 02:17 PM
Allen Key brake calipers on frame with holes for nutted brake calipers MSeries Techniques 4 June 9th 04 08:00 PM