sometimes, I feel like Joerg

Old May 10th 17, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default sometimes, I feel like Joerg

My wife bought our three year old a tricycle for her birthday.
Sometime between when I put it together, and her birthday, one of the
inner tubes exploded. I keep my bulk patching stuff at work, so I
just pulled the tube and remounted the tire so she could ride it until
I fixed the tube on Monday.

yesterday, I fixed the large hole (only took seven Rema F1 patches...)
there, but I didn't get around to reinstalling it.
Tonight, after I retrieved the repaired tube from the washing machine
(I have no idea, either), I went to put it back. It took the better
part of an hour to get it mounted, without some part of the tire
slipping off the wheel when I put air in the tube.

--
sig 127
Old May 10th 17, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

hire a mechanic or buy a better trike.

Old May 10th 17, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 6:41:41 PM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
My wife bought our three year old a tricycle for her birthday.
Sometime between when I put it together, and her birthday, one of the
inner tubes exploded. I keep my bulk patching stuff at work, so I
just pulled the tube and remounted the tire so she could ride it until
I fixed the tube on Monday.

yesterday, I fixed the large hole (only took seven Rema F1 patches...)
there, but I didn't get around to reinstalling it.
Tonight, after I retrieved the repaired tube from the washing machine
(I have no idea, either), I went to put it back. It took the better
part of an hour to get it mounted, without some part of the tire
slipping off the wheel when I put air in the tube.

--
sig 127

Dam U R Domesticated
Old May 10th 17, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/9/2017 8:41 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
My wife bought our three year old a tricycle for her birthday.
Sometime between when I put it together, and her birthday, one of the
inner tubes exploded. I keep my bulk patching stuff at work, so I
just pulled the tube and remounted the tire so she could ride it until
I fixed the tube on Monday.

yesterday, I fixed the large hole (only took seven Rema F1 patches...)
there, but I didn't get around to reinstalling it.
Tonight, after I retrieved the repaired tube from the washing machine
(I have no idea, either), I went to put it back. It took the better
part of an hour to get it mounted, without some part of the tire
slipping off the wheel when I put air in the tube.

You are not alone.
I wasted a half hour mounting a new tire on a 16" Xmart
sidewalk bike yesterday. The rims are not well made, not
round, not correctly sized. I used a tire seating pliers but
a big vise works as well (unless the tire is white). A
schpritz of Pledge or similar slimy product helps but you
may well end with a somewhat lumpy tire seat regardless.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/