Groin strain.

Old August 27th 07, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Groin strain.

Since my crash in a TT 12 days ago when I landed on my left hip I have been
unable to ride at all. Pedalling is OK - it's when I have to pull out of the
pedals and put my foot down that there is an intense sharp pain in my groin.
Has anyone had such an injury and how long did it take to heal? Maybe torn
adductor muscles?
Cheers.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old August 27th 07, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Since my crash in a TT 12 days ago when I landed on my left hip I have
been unable to ride at all. Pedalling is OK - it's when I have to pull out
of the pedals and put my foot down that there is an intense sharp pain in
my groin. Has anyone had such an injury and how long did it take to heal?
Maybe torn adductor muscles?
Cheers.

Considered seeing a quack?

Old August 27th 07, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"vernon" wrote in message

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Since my crash in a TT 12 days ago when I landed on my left hip I have
been unable to ride at all. Pedalling is OK - it's when I have to pull
out of the pedals and put my foot down that there is an intense sharp
pain in my groin. Has anyone had such an injury and how long did it take
to heal? Maybe torn adductor muscles?
Cheers.

Considered seeing a quack?

More than likely to say stay at home and rest in my experience ;-) Besides
which I've no idea where my doctor is now, the surgery was destroyed in the
recent flood! I just wondered how long I'll be off the bike if anyone else
had had the same injury.

Old August 27th 07, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Since my crash in a TT 12 days ago when I landed on my left hip I have
been unable to ride at all. Pedalling is OK - it's when I have to pull out
of the pedals and put my foot down that there is an intense sharp pain in
my groin. Has anyone had such an injury and how long did it take to heal?
Maybe torn adductor muscles?

Get thee to a sports' physio and get checked out, Mr M.

Old August 28th 07, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"mb" wrote in message
news
Simon Mason wrote:

Since my crash in a TT 12 days ago when I landed on my left hip I
have been unable to ride at all. Pedalling is OK - it's when I have
to pull out of the pedals and put my foot down that there is an
intense sharp pain in my groin. Has anyone had such an injury and how
long did it take to heal? Maybe torn adductor muscles? Cheers.

I fell onto my left hip and elbow while at work, quite a few years ago
now. From, er, about 5 metres.

I had pain which you describe [1], so much so that they feared broken
pubic bones and took x-rays. Nothing to see, but it did take a few
weeks for the pain to subside. I reckon soft tissue injuries are much
worse than broken bones.

Cheers Mike,
I went out for a test ride last night and all was well until I had to stop
at some lights and the pain came back and I had to limp home. Sounds like it
could be 6 weeks or so.

Old August 28th 07, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in
:

Cheers Mike,
I went out for a test ride last night and all was well until I had
to stop
at some lights and the pain came back and I had to limp home. Sounds
like it could be 6 weeks or so.

Go and get it checked out professionally. It is most likely nothing that a
bit of rest (and physio) won't cure but there's an outside chance it could
be a cracked bone in your hip joint, as a neighbour's son suffered in his
fall, in which case you need proper medical treatment.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell
Old August 28th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

Definitely get it checked out - what I thought was a groin strain
turned out to be a touch of arthritis in the hip joint

My groin hurts! gareth price UK 7 June 26th 06 08:20 PM
Leg/hip/groin pain cathwood Unicycling 4 June 13th 06 06:55 AM
Groin injury? RichVoice Unicycling 14 January 6th 06 07:34 PM
Weird hip strain: hurts when I get out of saddle...ideas? [email protected] Techniques 5 July 14th 05 12:58 AM
Groin Strain? [Not Responding] UK 10 November 30th 04 12:22 AM