Mechanical doping?

Old July 24th 15, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Mechanical doping?

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 03:16:24 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 5:07:05 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/e...h-tiny-motors/

--
- Frank Krygowski

Sometimes, Franki-boy, I wonder if you call yourself an engineer because your momma said you could. If somebody punched your ticket, Kyrgowski, he was being careless with the punch. I suggest you go read up a bit about electric motors on bikes. They weigh, even the smallest ones that would fit in a seat tube, about the only place on a racing bike you can hide a motor and somehow remove it again for conformity inspection. Their batteries REALLY WEIGH. And the riders would have to drag that weight along for the rest of the stage. Give over, man. Do the math, sonny. Nobody in topclass cycling is that stupid.

Not even Le Mond is that stupid. He knows it isn't true; he's just getting face-time on television so he can sell branded crap to mugs like you; he's got a track record of running off contentiously at the mouth to get TV FaceTime as a cheap marketing ploy. But Frank Krygowski, who gets short-tempered with his betters when they're reluctant to take the lane, swallows that crap hook, line and sinker.

You should look into yourself, Frankie-boy, for your motivation for assimilating and enthusiastically spreading this gross lie. It is because you always fervently look for the worst in people, so that you can give free reign to your fascist tendency by pretending you have an excuse to "control" them.

Andre Jute
I am a scary judge of character -- THE RECRUIT, Roger Towne et al

A Gruber drive adds less than 2KG to a bike, but it makes a high
pitched whine that would DEFINITELY give it away in a race.
It is totally invisible when installed and I've heard of a remote
control so even the red button dissapears.

The Gruber will go about 20K on a charge with no pedal power added by
the rider.
Old July 24th 15, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Senor, un momento...

https://www.google.com/#q=gruber+mot...=Google+Search
Old July 24th 15, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

how's that ditty go.....sumpthin abt Gruber's Pickles or ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=grub...j5AnQ&dpr=1.25
Old July 24th 15, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

)))))))))))))))))))))))))

yeah those gears are not for sneaking up ....

try

https://www.google.com/search?q=grub... +transmission
Old July 24th 15, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 12:50:32 PM UTC+1, Duane wrote:
On 24/07/2015 6:16 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Check the creds for the "author" of the piece.

Yeah, I looked her up. She's a new age bimbo who considers sensation more important than facts; she tells us as much, with my translations into English in square brackets:
"Marissa Payne writes for The Early Lead [tabloid crap], a fast-breaking [ie facts unchecked] sports [gossip] blog, where she focuses on [chooses to misreport] what she calls [because even Derrida wouldn't be that stupid] the "cultural anthropological" [sensational touchy-feely, always negative] side of sports ["personalities"], aka "mostly the fun stuff." [she knows it is wrong so it is excused as "fun"] She is also an avid WWE fan [that figures!]."

Malignant as her results may be, she's just silly); that class of non-reporter comes much more vicious. Here I deal with one who specializes in cycling, and his hangers-on:
"A miscarriage of justice. A nasty piece of work. A failure of journalism."
http://coolmainpress.com/ajwriting/archives/993

It is absolutely characteristic that Frank Krygowski, who has demonstrated over and over to us that he has no respect for facts and truth, should repost this woman's silly, sensation-seeking boosting for Greg LeMond's commercial ventures. Frankie-boy and Marissa would make a lovely poster couple for dishonest reporting everywhere except in places where facts are checked and respected. But they're not wanted on a tech conference, of all places.

Andre Jute
Relentless rigor -- Gaius Germanicus
Old July 24th 15, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I don't think we were meant to take this entire troll seriously. But let's do, just for the entertainment value.

It is totally invisible when installed and I've heard of a remote
control so even the red button dissapears.

You'd have to be a really dumb roadie not to notice an extra 1.8kg on a racing bike just by picking it up. I don't have huge respect for the UCI -- they've taken convenient blindness and hypocrisy to an unbelievable level -- but I find it hard to believe that their tech inspectors can be that stupid or inexperienced. Once you've noticed the weight, you're a fraction of a second away from looking at the cause...

As for not spotting the motor, you undo the quick release on the seatpost, pull the post and look into the seat tube, and bingo, there it is.

http://www.vivax-assist.com/en/produ...e-prinzip.html

It needs a switch somewhere which needs to be to hand or to foot, and will almost instantly be found, if hidden, by just feeling under padding reacheable by the rider's digits or feet (probably heels) without moving his extremities. I suppose radio control from the team car is possible -- see
http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLETour...ance&Andre.pdf
for the close proximity of riders and cars -- but the receiver and its battery is yet more weight, yet more complication, yet another breach of the rules that can get a rider excluded.

The Gruber will go about 20K on a charge with no pedal power added by
the rider.

At a constant 200W? I don't think so. My 9Ah state of the art battery is 90mm in diameter and 330mm high. It is good for about 40km at 10-15%, depending on the road, of intermittent use at 200W. If constant output is required 9Ah are used up in about 8km and change, because you can't actually get everything in the battery out. Review the physical size of my battery again. I can't find the rated spec (Ah, C rate of cells) of the Vivax but in it's given size of 62mm by 30mm diameter max, you don't have to be a genius to see that after space for the motor is taken, the battery will be of minuscule physical size, and therefore of electrical size as well, and consequently its reach on the road will be limited.

It's worse than this. The bigger the battery, the greater the instantaneous demand you can make on it (for a given C rate or speed of current release).. So a small battery will be worn out early by constant use, and then the battery and motor will be dead weight to be pedalled along. And a small battery, even when fresh, will not be able to deliver much of a spurt for a breakaway before the finish line. even after pedalling its dead weight for the entire stage.

This whole idea is so dumb, even cursory inspection by someone with his brains in gear exposes it as a troll.

Andre Jute
Old July 24th 15, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

you're slow on humor here, Andre

itsa Froome take off ....

Old July 25th 15, 12:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

One thing they check during a race is the weight of the bike. An extra 2k
would be noticed in a sport where everyone is fighting to get to the
minimum weight.
--
duane
Old July 25th 15, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

: wrote:
:
: On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 5:07:05 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/e...h-tiny-motors/
:
:
: --
: - Frank Krygowski
:
[...]

They're fighting to get to the mininum weight by adding ballast. A
motor would certainly get them there.

--
sig 101
Old July 25th 15, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Just thinking a bit on this.
A concealed drive would be in the (usually larger diameter)
downtube and if I were doing it I'd use a small RF switch
like a wris****ch or such on the rider. Not that I'm
suggesting anyone do that but the idea of leaving the thing
visible in the seat tube or with a flagrant handlebar switch
is stupid.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/