Schwinn Spirit help

Old July 30th 15, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Schwinn Spirit help

On 2015-07-30 1:05 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 12:50:28 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:

Down in the flatlands it's not all that different. I ride at a
pretty good clip and the few that do pass me are the real
competitive guys. Those who can't seem to stand to ride behind a
guy on an old steel bike with jeans shorts, T-shirt, no cleats and
... gasp ... horror ... a baggage rack with the occasional
package on there. When they pass they are breathing heavily and
their facial expressions don't look pleasant but rather stressed.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

WOW! What speed! What stamina! You with your everyday gear plus a
load can outpace serious bicyclists on lighter better equipment! WOW!
Wat Grand Tour team will you be riding for?

I ride for Analogconsultants, mostly stuff like the Fedex Depot run :-)

Too old for competition. I've sometimes tried to keep up with the guys
who pass me but usually can't, or not for long. Plenty of muscle from
mountain biking but I simply run out of steam. And I don't like climbs.

Old July 30th 15, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 30/07/2015 4:05 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 12:50:28 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:

Down in the flatlands it's not all that different. I ride at a pretty
good clip and the few that do pass me are the real competitive guys.
Those who can't seem to stand to ride behind a guy on an old steel bike
with jeans shorts, T-shirt, no cleats and ... gasp ... horror ... a
baggage rack with the occasional package on there. When they pass they
are breathing heavily and their facial expressions don't look pleasant
but rather stressed.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

WOW! What speed! What stamina! You with your everyday gear plus a load can outpace serious bicyclists on lighter better equipment! WOW! Wat Grand Tour team will you be riding for?

Cheers

lol. Maybe Joerg is right and he does see them panting behind him.
Because they just did a double century and are still 50k from home.
Old July 31st 15, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:17:42 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/29/2015 6:24 PM, mark cleary wrote:
Ok, the deacon he decide to take the derailleur off and the
soak and brush I have it moving from one ring to the next
smooth as silk. Who said that SIS sifting is better, on the
RD I sort of think it might be better, but that is another
thread.

The rear wheel is clunk and sure enough A Muzi has it down
the old steel rim is bent so this means a new rear wheel. My
thought is to simply swap out the puppies of a set of Alloy
rims have to find the best deal I can true them if they are
a bit off as the usual machine cheapies are. The RD
surprisingly works well no issues.

My next project is to wonder how those crazy folks on
Wisconsin are dealing with Scott Walker ( Andrew you can
chime in), he gave the idiot Rauner ( our Gov) a pat on the
back and said just keep at it let those folks in Illinois
know you are the boss.

Finally I need to give up cycling it is caused my running
speed to decrease from the usual 8:30-9 minute mile pace (
about 7 mph for cyclist not use to runners), to barely
braking 10 minute pace when riding about 100-150 miles per
week. The good news is that cycling full time at 200 plus
miles per week and I actually was going too fast for the A
group last Saturday. Running or cycling fast you cannot have
it both ways.

Deacon Mark Cleary

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

considered Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:32:15
-0700 (PDT)
the perfect time to write:

I put a new cable on but the dérailleur will simply not
move freely. Seems I need to take it off try and clean up
and soak in Oma, I hit it will plenty of lube but still no
help. I suppose and FD of the old school would work this a
Huget.

While I am at it these old steel rims are bad and back
wheel clunks at one point on the freewheel. Set of alloy s
be not worth it in my opinion but much easier to fix problem.

A set of alloy rims will improve your wet weather braking
beyond all
recognition - you'll find that you actually have some!

How do crazy people deal with our Governor? In a crazy
manner of course, they go all Godwin and such:

http://news.uwgb.edu/log-news/mediac...f-rips-walker/

The not-crazy people here elected him three times in four years.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

DORK GOVERNER
Old July 31st 15, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:05:25 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 12:50:28 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:

Down in the flatlands it's not all that different. I ride at a pretty
good clip and the few that do pass me are the real competitive guys.
Those who can't seem to stand to ride behind a guy on an old steel bike
with jeans shorts, T-shirt, no cleats and ... gasp ... horror ... a
baggage rack with the occasional package on there. When they pass they
are breathing heavily and their facial expressions don't look pleasant
but rather stressed.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

WOW! What speed! What stamina! You with your everyday gear plus a load can outpace serious bicyclists on lighter better equipment! WOW! Wat Grand Tour team will you be riding for?

Cheers

eat some snow wudja ?
Old July 31st 15, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

[...]

When I was in WI end of last year I listened to a long radio interview
with Scott Walker one morning in the hotel. My almost immediate thought
afterwards was: This guy should be our next president.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

yes Wisconsin voters will move their State running on cow manure and small mfg into an upscale economy by

eliminating jobs for the average run of intelligent well educated Joes and their families

eliminate social welfare giving the poor a chance to move up into an up scale economy

beating education to death with budget cuts

simple.

Old July 31st 15, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

[...]

nnnnnnnnnn

this Halloween, Gov Dork could stage a crystalnacht for all college grads ?

get all the truckers n garage mechanics out....