Cycling Clothing

Old May 8th 17, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cycling Clothing

How is it that I can get a team jersey off of Ebay that's 20 years old that fits perfectly (though labeled in weird European sizes) while it's almost impossible to get any modern team wear that you would want to wear anywhere but to a funeral?

And the Chinese garments appear to be only constructed for someone 5'6" whereas the Taiwanese garments seem to be for Americans sizes in the American market.

There's nothing worse than having three rear pockets and you can't reach any one of them. Or you are forced to buy a complete team kit including those horrible shorts with shoulder straps so you cannot take a pee without completely disrobing.

One of the local rides ends in a canyon. The dirt track that leads off of the end goes to a nudist colony. Trying to take a pee up at the end draws a crowd. And it ain't bike riders.
Old May 8th 17, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/8/2017 9:37 AM, wrote:
How is it that I can get a team jersey off of Ebay that's 20 years old that fits perfectly (though labeled in weird European sizes) while it's almost impossible to get any modern team wear that you would want to wear anywhere but to a funeral?

And the Chinese garments appear to be only constructed for someone 5'6" whereas the Taiwanese garments seem to be for Americans sizes in the American market.

There's nothing worse than having three rear pockets and you can't reach any one of them. Or you are forced to buy a complete team kit including those horrible shorts with shoulder straps so you cannot take a pee without completely disrobing.

One of the local rides ends in a canyon. The dirt track that leads off of the end goes to a nudist colony. Trying to take a pee up at the end draws a crowd. And it ain't bike riders.

Some riders prefer chinese garments[1] but there are also
Kucharik USA SuperWool and Di Marchi Italian embroidered
wool jerseys. Choice is good!

There's never been such a wide range of product choice as
now. For nearly everything, not just cycle clothing.

[1] I assume. There sure is a lot, so somebody must be
buying it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 8th 17, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 7:53:19 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/8/2017 9:37 AM, wrote:
[...]

I'm baking in a thin synthetic jersey that let's all the wind through. I sure as hell wouldn't wear wool on a bet.
Old May 8th 17, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

You might be pleasantly surprised at a soft light classic
wool jersey. These are not at all like a heavy ragwool
sweater your auntie knitted.

Old May 8th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

I have one and they are not something I would wear anyplace that humidity is high.
Old May 8th 17, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

One of the local rides ends in a canyon. The dirt track that leads off of the end goes to a nudist colony. Trying to take a pee up at the end draws a crowd. And it ain't bike riders.

Oh, that's you down there in the parking lot, shaking it at the Sequoians.
Old May 8th 17, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

wrote:
[...]

I rode a century yesterday.
I ride organized rides very rarely.
The old guys with white hair are no longer going around in wool jerseys. Even they are wearing spandex now.
Old May 9th 17, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

We are not "old guys". We're just slightly older and not quite as fast guys with better road gear than you have....

Looking for cycling clothing Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 5 March 1st 06 08:34 PM
FS: Cycling Clothing Darrell Marketplace 0 December 5th 05 04:33 AM
Cycling Clothing Sean Rooney UK 13 August 1st 05 08:07 AM
appropriate clothing for cycling dig dug General 14 July 20th 05 08:01 AM
FS:Cycling Clothing Ryun Pavlicek Marketplace 0 December 12th 04 09:37 PM