OT - George Bush is lying to us again - bunkers were sealed

Old November 9th 04, 08:27 PM
gwhite

Howard Kveck wrote:

Have you ever had to deal with someone who lies apparently simply for
the sake of lying? When telling the truth is easy and obvious? It took me a
while to figure that one out. I think they do that because the story they
tell (their "truth") is theirs, and theirs alone. Anyone can have reality,
but this "truth" is special, you know? Frustrating to deal with that...

I used to work for a guy like that. It was so strange.

Old November 9th 04, 08:44 PM
Stewart Fleming

gwhite wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:

Have you ever had to deal with someone who lies apparently simply for
the sake of lying? When telling the truth is easy and obvious? It took me a
while to figure that one out. I think they do that because the story they
tell (their "truth") is theirs, and theirs alone. Anyone can have reality,
but this "truth" is special, you know? Frustrating to deal with that...

I used to work for a guy like that. It was so strange.

One of the problems I have noted with academics is that they are so used
to manipulating complex abstractions, it's really easy to convince
themselves that _anything_ might be true. When they start to go
slightly off the rails mentally, that's when they flip into fanatical
beliefs...

Old November 10th 04, 02:45 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
gwhite wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:

Have you ever had to deal with someone who lies apparently simply for
the sake of lying? When telling the truth is easy and obvious? It took me a
while to figure that one out. I think they do that because the story they
tell (their "truth") is theirs, and theirs alone. Anyone can have reality,
but this "truth" is special, you know? Frustrating to deal with that...

I used to work for a guy like that. It was so strange.

Well, most of the people I've been around who do that don't lie *all*
the time - just enough of it to make it confusing. You can't tell if
they're lying this time, or not. It makes deciding on a course of action
pretty tough.

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

0.41 seconds Robert Chung Racing 141 September 26th 04 08:50 PM
George Bush crashes mountain bike, again dreaded Social Issues 0 July 27th 04 07:04 AM
Lance vs George W Bush John Racing 0 July 20th 04 06:30 AM
Prediction For Tomorrow Richard Longwood Racing 2 April 4th 04 01:25 AM