Bottom bracket for Mavic 631(?) cranks?

Old March 25th 05, 04:37 PM
James Thomson

"Baird Webel" wrote:

I'd be interested to hear what you end up with.

I've just come across a Royce titanium bottom bracket (112mm spindle with
2.5mm of rightward bias, ISO tapers and adjustable chainline) that I bought
on a whim 7 years ago. Preliminary measurements are encouraging.

James Thomson

Old March 7th 17, 10:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bottom bracket for Mavic 631(?) cranks?

On Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 7:30:02 PM UTC, James Thomson wrote:
I've just bought a pair of the last incarnation of Mavic's distinctive
"Starfish" cranks, date stamped 1995: the spider is slightly less
extravagant than the earlier model, and the arms are slightly 'low
profile'.

Can anybody tell me what bottom bracket lengths Mavic recommended for use
as a single, double or triple?

Thanks,

James Thomson

Good morning James Thomson. Best I can do is tell you my 631 Mavic bottom-bracket-axle appears to measure 112mm. Not aware of the exact chainset, though my past Mavic 631 did fit. Currently this axle is available (March 2017).

Lancelot S

bottom bracket Jon_H Techniques 4 February 27th 05 01:32 PM
Creaking bottom bracket John Hearns UK 6 July 9th 04 11:24 AM
Removing Frozen Campy Record Bottom Bracket Cup (Right) Kendall Techniques 11 May 29th 04 03:56 PM
Bottom bracket spindle (where to find one these days?) whitfit Techniques 3 April 9th 04 04:46 AM
Why "bottom bracket"? 303squadron General 2 September 27th 03 12:58 PM