Setting Polar speed and cadence sender ranges

Old September 28th 05, 11:28 PM
Bleve

Default Setting Polar speed and cadence sender ranges

For the archive, here's how to set Polar speed and cadence transmitter
power
output levels. AFAIK, this isn't documented in anything that Polar
distributes. I'll be taking photos and doing a better howto soon, but
for now,
this will do!

http://www.aboc.com.au/perl/tips.pl?p=polar_senders

Old September 29th 05, 12:49 AM
adam85

Bleve Wrote:
For the archive, here's how to set Polar speed and cadence transmitter
power
output levels. AFAIK, this isn't documented in anything that Polar
distributes. I'll be taking photos and doing a better howto soon, but
for now,
this will do!

http://www.aboc.com.au/perl/tips.pl?p=polar_senders

It wasn't obvious but I found instructions on the pursuit performance
forums page.

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/index.html

I changed my speed sensor to the strongest setting so it would work
with the watch setup midway along my TT bars. I haven't tried it with
the speed sensor on the rear wheel (for use on a trainer) but I was
only getting an intermittent signal with the strength on the middle
positions.

Adam

--
adam85

Old September 29th 05, 01:09 AM
Bleve

adam85 wrote:
Bleve Wrote:
For the archive, here's how to set Polar speed and cadence transmitter
power
output levels. AFAIK, this isn't documented in anything that Polar
distributes. I'll be taking photos and doing a better howto soon, but
for now,
this will do!

http://www.aboc.com.au/perl/tips.pl?p=polar_senders

It wasn't obvious but I found instructions on the pursuit performance
forums page.

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/index.html

I changed my speed sensor to the strongest setting so it would work
with the watch setup midway along my TT bars. I haven't tried it with
the speed sensor on the rear wheel (for use on a trainer) but I was
only getting an intermittent signal with the strength on the middle
positions.

I've been running one on the max setting for years on my back
wheel. I haven't ever been able to find the jumper settings
on the Polar site, it's not in the PDF user manual anyway, which
is why I put it up somewhere easy to find, after getting the
cheese from the local Polar distributor.

Old September 29th 05, 01:57 AM
Bleve

dtmeister wrote:
Bleve wrote:

For the archive, here's how to set Polar speed and cadence transmitter
power
output levels. AFAIK, this isn't documented in anything that Polar
distributes. I'll be taking photos and doing a better howto soon, but
for now,
this will do!

http://www.aboc.com.au/perl/tips.pl?p=polar_senders

Also here :

http://www.polarusa.com/service_repa..._con.asp?ID=26

heh! I'd never been able to find it on the Oz site or the polar.fi one
but I never thought to look on the USA one.

Still, having it online and reasonably easy to find will be good for
google