A Cure for Violence?

Old November 1st 12, 01:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default A Cure for Violence?

On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:06:12 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:08:46 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:46:55 PM UTC-7, wrote:

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:30:07 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Monday, October 29, 2012 6:32:28 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote: On Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:20:32 PM UTC+1, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, October 26, 2012 1:20:48 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote: On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:52:48 AM UTC+1, Mike Vandeman wrote: Mike Vandeman I suspect that a criminal with convictions for violent offences, who continues to deny that fact, is not likely to get much of a hearing when lecturing others on how to live their lives ! Liar. No one listens to mountain bikers, knowing that they are all incorrigible liars. What, precisely, do you contend is a lie Mr Vandeman ? You do have convictions for violent offences (battery and exhibiting a deadly weapon) and you do, despite that, keep claiming to be innocent without supporting that position with any objective evidence. So, I have public-record proof of my assertions. What do you have ? There was no violence whatsoever. "Battery" just means "touching". Brandishing in self-defense is not a crime. You are extraordinarily ignorant! Or lying. Take your pick. No, moron. "Battery" does not "just mean" "touching." You'd think you'd have taken the time to understand that after being convicted of it. The difference is in the intent. "The following elements must be proven to establish a case for battery: (1) an act by a defendant; (2) an intent to cause harmful or offensive contact on the part of the defendant; and (3) harmful or offensive contact to the plaintiff." Why are you so afraid to tell the truth?

I'm not. In this case it was just touching. No "violence". Of course, since you weren't there, you are DISHONEST to pretend to know what happened -- the same dishonesty that causes you to STILL not give your real name. Nothing new for mountain bikers -- they NEVER tell the truth.

Show me where I wrote "violence," liar.

Clearly, the courts believe you possessed "intent to cause harmful or offensive contact." I don't care if you believe it was "just touching," because that's not what battery is, no matter how many times you write it.

I don't pretend to know what happened. You are LYING about that, as usual.. I am merely repeating the court's decision. I've asked you several times to present the details of your side of the story here in this forum, but you are obviously too big of a coward to comply.

Whether or not you agree with the court's decision is your problem, not mine.

You were arrested. You were convicted. Those are FACTS, and only a LIAR would refute them.

You continue missing the point, proving what an idiot you a Regardless of the "facts", which you have ZERO personal knowledge of, and so are presenting only HEARSAY, I did absolutely nothing criminal or wrong. I HAVE presented my side, numerous times. You just choose to ignore it: "brandishing" in self-defense is not a crime. The mountain biker ran into ME, so HE, not I, is guilty of battery. Now tell me again ow I fail to give my side of the story, LIAR! DUH!
Old November 1st 12, 04:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:07:13 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:06:12 AM UTC-7, wrote:

You continue missing the point, proving what an idiot you a Regardless of the "facts", which you have ZERO personal knowledge of, and so are presenting only HEARSAY, I did absolutely nothing criminal or wrong. I HAVE presented my side, numerous times. You just choose to ignore it: "brandishing" in self-defense is not a crime. The mountain biker ran into ME, so HE, not I, is guilty of battery. Now tell me again ow I fail to give my side of the story, LIAR! DUH!

Well, Mike, by your own arbitrary "forgot to mention" criterion established in the parallel thread, you obviously just lied about your side of the story.

Try again, liar.

You claim I'm presenting hearsay, but anyone who reads these threads can see that the "hearsay" I'm posting is a crime alert hosted by the UCPD. All I'm doing is pointing out that the record exists, along with the subsequent convictions. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the UCPD and the courts.

http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm

It's interesting how you feel there is more to your story than what's in the arrest record and the follow-up articles in the local press. I wonder what those involved would say about all the "hearsay" you so gleefully post here about "evolution in action." I wonder if there's more to those stories that you "forget to mention" or "choose to ignore," bigot.

Regardless... You're the one missing the point. I couldn't care less that you believe you're innocent, but feel free to keep bringing it up anyway.
Old November 2nd 12, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:22:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:07:13 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:06:12 AM UTC-7, wrote: You continue missing the point, proving what an idiot you a Regardless of the "facts", which you have ZERO personal knowledge of, and so are presenting only HEARSAY, I did absolutely nothing criminal or wrong. I HAVE presented my side, numerous times. You just choose to ignore it: "brandishing" in self-defense is not a crime. The mountain biker ran into ME, so HE, not I, is guilty of battery. Now tell me again ow I fail to give my side of the story, LIAR! DUH! Well, Mike, by your own arbitrary "forgot to mention" criterion established in the parallel thread, you obviously just lied about your side of the story. Try again, liar. You claim I'm presenting hearsay, but anyone who reads these threads can see that the "hearsay" I'm posting is a crime alert hosted by the UCPD. All I'm doing is pointing out that the record exists, along with the subsequent convictions. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the UCPD and the courts. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm It's interesting how you feel there is more to your story than what's in the arrest record and the follow-up articles in the local press. I wonder what those involved would say about all the "hearsay" you so gleefully post here about "evolution in action." I wonder if there's more to those stories that you "forget to mention" or "choose to ignore," bigot. Regardless... You're the one missing the point. I couldn't care less that you believe you're innocent, but feel free to keep bringing it up anyway.

You just lied again. First you asked me to tell my side of the story, proving that you care about it. Then when it didn't please you, you said you don't care. You are nothing but a common liar, starting with your name.
Old November 2nd 12, 03:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:19:33 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:22:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:

You just lied again. First you asked me to tell my side of the story, proving that you care about it. Then when it didn't please you, you said you don't care. You are nothing but a common liar, starting with your name.

Read what I wrote again.

"I couldn't care less *that you believe you're innocent*."

Do you need me to use smaller words, dolt?

Old November 3rd 12, 04:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, November 2, 2012 7:52:47 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:19:33 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:22:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:

You just lied again. First you asked me to tell my side of the story, proving that you care about it. Then when it didn't please you, you said you don't care. You are nothing but a common liar, starting with your name.

Read what I wrote again.

"I couldn't care less *that you believe you're innocent*."

Do you need me to use smaller words, dolt?

You were lying then, same as always. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have asked me about it. DUH! You guys are TRANSPARENT.
Old November 5th 12, 11:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

You just lied again. First you asked me to tell my side of the story, proving that you care about it. Then when it didn't please you, you said you don't care. You are nothing but a common liar, starting with your name.

Read what I wrote again.

"I couldn't care less *that you believe you're innocent*."

Do you need me to use smaller words, dolt?

You were lying then, same as always. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have asked me about it. DUH! You guys are TRANSPARENT.

And you are getting senile it appears. He said he didn't care what you believe about your innocence or guilt. He did not say he was uninterested in hearing what you had to say.

I would be interested in hearing a real narrative ... but I guess you won't provide one since your testimony in court probably lead to the battery conviction.
Old November 6th 12, 05:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, November 5, 2012 2:16:26 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:
You just lied again. First you asked me to tell my side of the story, proving that you care about it. Then when it didn't please you, you said you don't care. You are nothing but a common liar, starting with your name.

Read what I wrote again.

"I couldn't care less *that you believe you're innocent*."

Do you need me to use smaller words, dolt?

You were lying then, same as always. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have asked me about it. DUH! You guys are TRANSPARENT.

And you are getting senile it appears. He said he didn't care what you believe about your innocence or guilt. He did not say he was uninterested in hearing what you had to say.

I would be interested in hearing a real narrative ... but I guess you won't provide one since your testimony in court probably lead to the battery conviction.

I already did. I guess you don't like hearing the (inconvenient) truth.
Old November 6th 12, 10:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

I would be interested in hearing a real narrative ... but I guess you won't provide one since your testimony in court probably lead to the battery conviction.

I already did. I guess you don't like hearing the (inconvenient) truth.

No, you haven't. All you have posted is that everyone lied and that "the biker ran into me".

That is simply a denial ... which, as I said, I am highly disinclined to believe given that a court of law found you unconvincing as a witness.

Also, given your testimony (as reported by Peter Frick-Wright - just to be clear on sources) was that you intentionally moved into the biker's path any subsequent collision would be viewed, by most reasonable people, as being caused by you. As I said earlier, given that you are a private citizen you are not permitted to physically contact anyone ... irrespective of whether they should have been riding on the trail or not.

I think this cuts to the core of the matter; you think that because bikes are not permitted on the trail that your actions in trying to prevent such access are justified. However, as you are a private citizen, the law holds that you may not physically contact or restrain other citizens and, to do so, makes you guilty of battery. I could be wrong, given that I only have your simple claims of 'they all lied' and Peter Frick-Wright's reporting of your testimony, but absent anything else this is what I surmise.

So, would you care to elaborate and actually provide something interesting .... or are you going to retreat back to assertions without any facts to back them up. Which does seem to be your normal style.
Old November 6th 12, 11:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:44:48 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:
[...]

If you know the traffic law (pedestrians have the right of way), then you know that the biker was at fault for DELIBERATELY running into me (because he didn't want to hear that he was there illegally). It's not brain science. You just refuse to believe because you don't want to. Obviously, the jury is irrelevant, since they weren't there. Nor were you. No HONEST person would claim to know what happened, given that they weren't there. Mountain bikers are not honest. Every one of them lied under oath.
Old November 6th 12, 02:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:36:30 AM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:44:48 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:

I would be interested in hearing a real narrative ... but I guess you won't provide one since your testimony in court probably lead to the battery conviction.

If you know the traffic law (pedestrians have the right of way), then you know that the biker was at fault for DELIBERATELY running into me (because he didn't want to hear that he was there illegally). It's not brain science. You just refuse to believe because you don't want to. Obviously, the jury is irrelevant, since they weren't there. Nor were you. No HONEST person would claim to know what happened, given that they weren't there. Mountain bikers are not honest. Every one of them lied under oath.

Wait... What?

Then you wrote this:

"No HONEST person would claim to know what happened, given that they weren't there."

So you assert that he *knows* it was the rider's fault, and then in the same paragraph you write that someone who wasn't there can't reasonably claim to know what happened.

See why nobody wants to take you at your word? You are completely deranged.