Dirty pleasures in Snowy Melbourne

Old August 10th 05, 04:02 AM
Jules

Default Dirty pleasures in Snowy Melbourne

I have to admit, since I got a proper set of full wheel coverage
mudguards, I rather enjoy tootling about when the road has a veritable
river of water on it. Splish splash, and I stay dry ;-)

Not sure if I'm just imagining it, but there seems to be noticeably less
rolling resistance, too, the upshot being that I'm moving quite a bit
quicker.

That's probably not a good thing in atriocious conditions, but ah well.
My squeaky brakes will scare off the cagers before I hit 'em.

Anyone else enjoying Melbourne's weather lately? I've spotted a _lot_
more bikes on my Richmond - Collingwood run than I ever recall seeing
before..

Jules
a.k.a Mr "Peak Oil is a Scam"
Old August 10th 05, 04:38 AM
Marx SS

Not sure about less rolling restitance, but cold or bad weather (rain
makes me double my efforts in gettin' where I'm going.
Head down, grinding away; "it's not raining, it's not that cold, I ca
feel my toes, yes I can..."

--
Marx SS

Old August 10th 05, 05:02 AM
Tamyka Bell

Marx SS wrote:

Not sure about less rolling restitance, but cold or bad weather (rain)
makes me double my efforts in gettin' where I'm going.
Head down, grinding away; "it's not raining, it's not that cold, I can
feel my toes, yes I can..." .

--
Marx SS

Heading out through Nerangba (sp?) used to be faster in the wet than the
dry, and less painful on my bot-bot. The road out there was really bumpy
(coarse bitumen) and water seemed to fill in the holes a bit.

Tam
Old August 10th 05, 02:25 PM
SomeGuy

Jules Wrote:
I have to admit, since I got a proper set of full wheel coverag
mudguards, I rather enjoy tootling about when the road has a veritabl
river of water on it. Splish splash, and I stay dry ;-

Not sure if I'm just imagining it, but there seems to be noticeabl
les
rolling resistance, too, the upshot being that I'm moving quite a bi
quicker

That's probably not a good thing in atriocious conditions, but ah well
My squeaky brakes will scare off the cagers before I hit 'em

Anyone else enjoying Melbourne's weather lately? I've spotted a _lot
more bikes on my Richmond - Collingwood run than I ever recall seein
before.

Jule
a.k.a Mr "Peak Oil is a Scam"

Spare a thought for us poor MTBers. The rain turns the trails to mud
which makes getting any rides in tough. Guess it could be worse..
could have to ride on boring roads all the time, not just when it's we
:P

--
SomeGuy

Old August 10th 05, 03:11 PM
Bleve

SomeGuy wrote:

Spare a thought for us poor MTBers. The rain turns the trails to mud,
which makes getting any rides in tough. Guess it could be worse...
could have to ride on boring roads all the time, not just when it's wet
:P.

"poor"?! My MTB mates -love- the mud.

Old August 11th 05, 01:23 AM
Tamyka Bell

Bleve wrote:

SomeGuy wrote:

Spare a thought for us poor MTBers. The rain turns the trails to mud,
which makes getting any rides in tough. Guess it could be worse...
could have to ride on boring roads all the time, not just when it's wet
:P.

"poor"?! My MTB mates -love- the mud.

Lotte and Paulie will confirm that I'm not averse to throwing myself in
the mud while I pretend to MTB.

Tam