What the.....!!!!????

Old February 25th 10, 11:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
phillip brown

Default What the.....!!!!????

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0225-p5pv.html

phillip brown
Old February 26th 10, 02:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

phillip brown wrote:
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0225-p5pv.html

Pretty awesome bike, eh?

I have been saving up for one since I found out about it some time ago.
Of cos, some recumbent enthusiasts _ahem_no_names_mentioned_ will tell
you that it is an upright bike, etc etc etc etc My apologies to
you_know_who

Despite all the gadetry, one still has to pedal it to get somewhere. I
am just waiting for someone to suggest mounting a small petrol engine
_shudder_ on the frame somewhere.
Old February 26th 10, 03:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:50:05 +1100
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
phillip brown wrote:
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0225-p5pv.html

Pretty awesome bike, eh?

I have been saving up for one since I found out about it some time ago.
Of cos, some recumbent enthusiasts _ahem_no_names_mentioned_ will tell
you that it is an upright bike, etc etc etc etc My apologies to
you_know_who

I don't need to tell you it is, you can tell that.

I just giggle quietly at the concept that's all!

But then if you can pay $46k for a wedgie you probably pay someone to
ride it for you....

Zebee
Old February 26th 10, 05:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
phillip brown wrote:
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0225-p5pv.html

Pretty awesome bike, eh?

I have been saving up for one since I found out about it some time ago.
Of cos, some recumbent enthusiasts _ahem_no_names_mentioned_ will tell
you that it is an upright bike, etc etc etc etc My apologies to
you_know_who

I don't need to tell you it is, you can tell that.

I tort that'd flush you out

I just giggle quietly at the concept that's all!

You and your recumbents!! Gawd!!

But then if you can pay $46k for a wedgie you probably pay someone to
ride it for you....

No way! I recall vaguely reading somewhere that the bike can tell the
torsional stresses on the frame, so I want to the one who is gonna twist
that frame

Old February 28th 10, 07:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
theo[_2_]

On Feb 26, 11:52*am, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:50:05 +1100

I don't need to tell you it is, you can tell that.

I just giggle quietly at the concept that's all!

But then if you can pay $46k for a wedgie you probably pay someone to
ride it for you....

Hi Zebee,
My son has arranged for a test ride on a Silvio http://www.cruzbike.com/silvio.html
He likes the idea of a single short chain. I'll let you know what he
thought about it.

Cheers
Theo
Old February 28th 10, 08:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:07:35 -0800 (PST)
theo wrote:
On Feb 26, 11:52?am, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:50:05 +1100

I don't need to tell you it is, you can tell that.

I just giggle quietly at the concept that's all!

But then if you can pay $46k for a wedgie you probably pay someone to
ride it for you....

Hi Zebee,
My son has arranged for a test ride on a Silvio http://www.cruzbike.com/silvio.html
He likes the idea of a single short chain. I'll let you know what he
thought about it.

heh.. front wheel drive takes getting used to I'm told!

Be interested to hear his verdict, I suspect he's likely to say "That
thing's a death trap!"

I haven't ridden one. I've talked to someone who has, who also rides
other 'bents. He said that the pedal steer was strong so you were
forever fighting your own feet, but that it did teach you to pedal
very smoothly in full circles.

(Makes me wonder how anyone can manage a flevobike or a python
http://www.python-lowracer.de/ but they do!)

I have wondered about picking up a 2nd hand Y frame bike and using
their conversion kit to make a station bike.... But for the price of
even a 2nd hand Y frame with components and wheels worth bothering
with and the kit I could buy the cheap taiwanese 'bents that come up
now and then.

Zebee