Lance Armstrong's chemotherapy

Old July 5th 05, 01:13 AM
Jeff Starr

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:25:18 GMT, "Bill Sornson"

Maybe the fact that he has all sorts of chemicals in his body allows
him to mask the presence of some "performance enhancing" substances

Shouldn't you be out "backpacking" your buddies, Trollboy?

You're assuming that he has buddies? More likely getting "backpacked"
by strangers, at a wayside.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old July 5th 05, 02:13 AM
Jim Smith

Jeff Starr writes:

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:25:18 GMT, "Bill Sornson"

Maybe the fact that he has all sorts of chemicals in his body allows
him to mask the presence of some "performance enhancing" substances

Shouldn't you be out "backpacking" your buddies, Trollboy?

You're assuming that he has buddies? More likely getting "backpacked"
by strangers, at a wayside.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Old July 5th 05, 04:41 AM

He doesn't have "all sorts of chemicals in his body". The cancer treatment
was over a long time ago. Get over your jealousy, too.

That type of intensive treatment has permanent effects on the body.
Maybe he had to take a Pro Crit type drug which has the same effect as
EPO. I have no jealousy of Lance. The selection process has kept
competitive teams out and he doesnt seem to win any other major races
during the year. Lemond was world champion plus winning the tour.
Merckx won most major races. Those are real cyclists and natural.

Old July 5th 05, 04:52 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

wrote in message

Merckx won most major races. Those are real cyclists and natural.

What are you talking about?

Merckx was kicked out of the 1969 Giro when he tested
positive at a doping test.

Old July 5th 05, 06:37 AM

However, Lance is only cyclist among hundreds of cyclists who took
the anti-cancer drug
which what is unique about Lance from other cyclists. Cycling is
the work of
physical body by not brain. NO matter how determines Lance was, his
physical body was
reshaped by the drug whether anti-cancer drug or performance enhancing
drug.

I mean there is no way Lance has a natural superioir body to be top
cyclist in the world. He won
the 5 or 6 in the row of Tour De France can't be a natural thing. He
must been aid
by something.

Old July 5th 05, 01:36 PM
Pat

wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: However, Lance is only cyclist among hundreds of cyclists who took
: the anti-cancer drug
: which what is unique about Lance from other cyclists. Cycling is
: the work of
: physical body by not brain. NO matter how determines Lance was, his
: physical body was
: reshaped by the drug whether anti-cancer drug or performance enhancing
: drug.

Your "logic" this time is more than unusually flawed. Consider this: Lance
is not the only man/woman in the world to have taken anti-cancer drugs.
Therefore, there must be hundreds--no, thousands--of "super humans" out
there whose bodies have been "reshaped" and who are, of course, leading the
rest of the humans in myriad ways by being superior to the rest of us who
have not had the "benefit" of our bodies being altered by anti-cancer drugs.
These super humans are everywhere, of course, and they are obvious to us all
because there is "no way" that their prowess could be explained by anything
BUT the anti-cancer drugs they have taken.

Now, go and stop smoking whatever jealousy drug it is you are taking, Red
Cloud. Or does that name "Red Cloud" refer to the drug AND to your constant
state of mind? In which case, it should be "Green Cloud".

Pat in TX

Old July 5th 05, 01:38 PM
Pat

: That type of intensive treatment has permanent effects on the body.
: Maybe he had to take a Pro Crit type drug which has the same effect as
: EPO. I have no jealousy of Lance. The selection process has kept
: competitive teams out and he doesnt seem to win any other major races
: during the year. Lemond was world champion plus winning the tour.
: Merckx won most major races. Those are real cyclists and natural.

And, you got your medical degree where? So, you can explain to us peons how
anti-cancer treatment he had 'way back then has had "permanent effects on
the body"? Oh, no, can't explain? You're just making wild assumptions based
on jealous? Gosh! And here we all thought you were a rational human being,
not one looking for anything to tear down another person out of
jealousy.....

Pat in TX
:

Old July 5th 05, 01:56 PM

Radiation and chemo are destructive and mutagenic. How do you think
they work? Very likely there are residual effects that allow Lance to
utilize substances without changing his baseline readings. I have no
jealously over him. To me he is just a flash in the pan. Only wins one
race per year. Has he won the Giro, the Vuelta, or even any US races
lately? No. The other riders compete in the other strenuous stage
races yet still perform well in the Tour. So who are the better
cyclists??? Why would I be jeaous of a ball-less guy with an ugly
girlfriend despite the fact he is a millionaire? My balls are BIG and
threatenening.