Rich is exposed!

Old November 22nd 05, 01:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Rich is exposed!

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:

The burden of proof is on the accuser

Are you a graduate of the Colin Ferguson Law School? As long as there
is another possibility, no matter how far fetched and how many wild
assumptions one has to make in order to possibly consider it, then it
cannot be proven?
Old November 22nd 05, 01:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I agree with you that there are clearly two camps here with strong
opinions. Yet I only see one web site as evidence that one camp has
made this a personal attack against Rich Pinto. I am uncomfortable on
a trike and a low racer here in SW PA. on the road. I am also still
somewhat uncomfortable with the combination of the high BB and reclined
M5 seat setup on my Strada at starts from a dead stop at an
intersection. Neither opinion is intended to denigrate trikes, low
racers, or high racers.

Jim Reilly

Old November 22nd 05, 01:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

25.
Nov 22, 3:09 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 22 Nov 2005 01:09:00 -0800
Subject: Rich is exposed!
original | Report Abuse

Rich,

I really do not understand why you respond at all to these people.
I was the one who dared to bring that first highracer to Monkey
Island. I got beat by Alan on his lowracer with a tail box and every
Aero trick in the book. The rest of the guys including the great rider
Gary Toy got there butts handed to them by me on an Aerocycle designed
by Mr. Pinto.
This was the start of all this stuff back in '02.
Yet as a peace offering I talked the Bacchetta folks to come to Monkey
Island in the spring of last year for a ride. That event had the
largest turnout of midwest recumbent people in that groups history. I
have many photo's of how well everyone got along yet somehow a few
folks decided to keep attacking Bacchetta. It became to much for me so
I quit the team and now ride DF bike's almost exclusively and I think
that recumbent people are near insane at least a few from Chicago.
And the notion of blaming Rich Pinto and Bacchetta for the state of
things is total bull****. I was there and saw what happened and was a
part of it

Hi Kevin

Ahhh yes...the Barrington Hills ride in '01. Remember that I
told you exactly what ride leader Gin would tell you when you showed up
on the Aerocycle highracer? "Don't try to ride with the lowracers,
you'll get dropped immediately" Hilarious...especially the fact that
all the lowracers except the Zepplin tailfaired Razz Fazz with their
strongest rider could hang with you.

As we have discussed, despite the ALS Bacchetta Aero's (ONE
bike configuration, on the hills, flats and downhills) 12 hour and 20
minute margin of victory over a VERY strong JDRF team on the Nocom and
VK2 lowracers (VK2 used for the hills) at RAAM, the best 12 and 24 hour
zero draft unfaired bent performances ever in '05, and the fastest 1200
km unfaired bent ride ever...the Gin lowracer BS and hype continues.

I respond only when people seem to be swallowing the endless
Chicago lowracer hype without hearing the reality. I responded to Jim
because he asked some honest questions about what happened to this once
useful newsgroup.

The good news is in this thread we again see the evidence
against the guy who destroyed this unmoderated newsgroup, and who is
undoubtedly part of the HRsuck blog. Let the delusional friend of Gin
and the history/logic challenged (a party of one) take one side with
the seven sock puppets posts in this thread, the rest of us can come to
our own conclusions.

Hey- enjoy ALL your bikes, and break the skis out...the snow's
coming to NE and Wisconsin

Tailwinds and good snow,
Rich

Old November 22nd 05, 03:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

From: "Mr Reality" wrote:
I respond only when people seem to be swallowing the endless

Rich and Kevin back together again. How sweet. Will you two be holding hands and licking each others butt holes after you kiss and make up at the next FOG rally? Is Kevin a Bboy and back on the team now that you two are yanking your cranks on ARBR?

YO

Old November 22nd 05, 07:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

From: "Mr Reality"
Date: 22 Nov 2005 05:50:04 -0800
I respond only when people seem to be swallowing the endless
Chicago lowracer hype without hearing the reality

Here is some more reality to swallow Mr. Pinto. No Bacchetta racers at Battle Mountain. Come to think of it no Bacchetta racers at any HPV races unless Jim Verheul racing a NoCOm lowracer with a Bacchetta jersey counts.

It says a lot when a Bacchetta team racer uses another companies product to compete at races.
Hard to swallow that one eh Rich?
Gulp...........

NW

Old November 23rd 05, 01:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"nget" wrote without putting spaces at the end of his/her/its
sentences:
'Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic' Wrote:
Mr Reality (Rich Pinto) wrote:
Over and out on this one...

Mr. Pinto:

Before you leave, please support your contention that Ed Gin is a
"pathological liar". When such an accusation is made, the group
(alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent) deserves to hear the evidence.

Thank you,

If your man is telling the truth why then does he need sock
puppets?Maybe I'm not the only one on ARBR who would like to hear your
response to that one.

The above question is illogical. There are other potential uses for
sock puppets beyond perpetrating falsehoods.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
"Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk." - G. Daniels

Old November 23rd 05, 02:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
You have to take Sherman warts and all. He is OK on most recumbent bike
subjects but he is just plain crazy on most other subjects. Hells Bells, he
even has very questionable taste in classical music if you ask me. He
actually listens to baroque musak! He thinks music began with Bach and
Handel when every sensible person knows it began with Haydn and Mozart.

And I was going to choose among CD's containing recordings of
Monteverdi, Schütz, Praetorius, Purcell, Byrd, Dowland, Palestrina, di
Lasso, Gabrielli (G. and A.) and Guerrero to listen to.

ah guess i gots me a bunch of shiny coasters now

Old November 23rd 05, 04:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mr Reality (Rich Pinto) wrote:
...The good news is in this thread we again see the evidence
against the guy who destroyed this unmoderated newsgroup, and who is
undoubtedly part of the HRsuck blog....

One person can not destroy a newsgroup. What happened here is a bunch
of people here that could not hold their own in an argument ran to BROL
where Bryan, Jose and Larry protect them by shutting down threads and
banning posters when the arguments get heated. There are plenty of
other newsgroups where the discussion is heated and often unpleasant,
but the regulars stick around.

Let the delusional friend of Gin
and the history/logic challenged (a party of one) take one side with
the seven sock puppets posts in this thread, the rest of us can come to
our own conclusions....

Okay, Mr. Pinto is again employing the technique where he states a mere
opinion as if it were fact, with the hope of certitude in his manner
will cause others to believe him.

Please state your case with evidence that Ed Gin is a "pathological
liar". This is the second time that Mr. Pinto has stated this, but he
has yet to back it up. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE MR. PINTO?

Mr. Pinto claims someone (presumably myself) is "history/logic
challenged" and "delusional", but fails to back this up. Please
provide SPECIFIC EXAMPLES, or RETRACT your claim.

Say what you want about me personally, but do not misrepresent what I
write, because I will publicly call you out on it every time.

Lots of smoke here, but where is the fire?

Let us hash this out shall we. I am looking forward to it.

Old November 23rd 05, 05:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

'Sunset Lowracer [TM Wrote:
Fanatic']"nget" wrote without putting spaces at the end of his/her/its
sentences:
Mr Reality (Rich Pinto) wrote:
Over and out on this one...

Mr. Pinto:

Before you leave, please support your contention that Ed Gin is a
"pathological liar". When such an accusation is made, the group
(alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent) deserves to hear the evidence.

Thank you,

If your man is telling the truth why then does he need sock
puppets?Maybe I'm not the only one on ARBR who would like to hear

your
response to that one.

The above question is illogical. There are other potential uses for
sock puppets beyond perpetrating falsehoods.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
"Twisting may help if yawl can chew gum and walk." - G. Daniels

So then, can we assume that sock puppets are created to assist people
in telling the truth?

--
nget

Old November 23rd 05, 08:36 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mr Reality (Rich Pinto) wrote:
[...]

Tom,

I am still friends with and in contact with Mr. Gin and the great AA.
My purpose in Bacchetta attending a MI function was to end the
bickering.
That bickering is not coming from Bacchetta nor any of its team
members.
And there satirical site should be ignored. Satire and Conan and the
Whitehouse? Does President Bush hire hit men to kill Conan? Well only
on an off nite...
Still the recumbent bizz is small and maybe the site should be shut
down.
And I am sure that Rich will send some team riders to some races in
Chicago if the negitive retoric would die down or go away. Why should
he race? Bacchetta has nothing to gain by it. But agin a little
civility goes a long way and maybe things could change for the better.
Tom I consider you a friend but the defense of some of this latest
unreasonable behavior on that website is a little curious to me. You
are of course entitled to your own opinion just as I am entitled to
mine.
And as always recumbent culture is goofy and in need of some
Benzodiazipan's to calm them down....

MG