Helmet would have saved OAP cyclist

Old January 25th 11, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Helmet would have saved OAP cyclist

Get a helmet, you know it makes sense.

http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news...list_1_2959029

Old January 25th 11, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:57:14 -0000, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Get a helmet, you know it makes sense.

http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news...list_1_2959029

Stand-by.

****wit magnet launched.

Old January 25th 11, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

wrote:
Get a helmet, you know it makes sense.

http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news...lmet_would_hav...

Stand-by.

****wit magnet launched.

It's already attracted you!
Old January 25th 11, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
ash[_2_]

wrote:
Get a helmet, you know it makes sense.

http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news...lmet_would_hav....

Stand-by.

****wit magnet launched.

It's already attracted you!

And you also - The evidence is compelling for mandatory head
protection.....
Old January 25th 11, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
paul george

On Jan 25, 3:29*pm, ash wrote:

And you also - The evidence is compelling for mandatory head
protection.....

I have never seen the need to wear head protection while cycling
and more than any other activity. This winter however has totally
converted be to the cause.
Whilst I don't agree with the mandatory part I would not cycle in
this weather without this vital piece of kit.
http://www.fieldandtrek.com/extremit...dy-took-904728

Old January 25th 11, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Jan 25, 4:17*pm, paul george wrote:
On Jan 25, 3:29*pm, ash wrote:

And you also - The evidence is compelling for mandatory head
protection.....

I have never seen the need to wear head protection while cycling
and more than any other activity. This winter however has totally
converted be to the cause.
Whilst I don't agree with the mandatory part I would not cycle in
this weather without this vital piece of kit.http://www.fieldandtrek.com/extremit...dy-took-904728

I see that this company do sell cycle helmets, one for as little as
£7.99, so no excuses for not wearing one on cost grounds.

Derek C
Old January 25th 11, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

On 25/01/2011 13:57, Mrcheerful wrote:
Get a helmet, you know it makes sense.

http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news...list_1_2959029

Who claims that a helmet 'would' have saved the cyclists life?

Looks like just the sub editor who wrote the headline.

Old January 25th 11, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

--
Hello PhilattiO - I just love the way that you have to comment on my every post.

I really do appreciate it.

You really are excellent value.
Old January 25th 11, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
paul george

On Jan 25, 5:07*pm, Derek C wrote:

I see that this company do sell cycle helmets, one for as little as
£7.99, so no excuses for not wearing one on cost grounds.

But they are neither warm nor waterproof and therefore not appropriate
head protection for cycling.

Old January 26th 11, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Jan 25, 7:51*pm, Judith wrote:
-- * *
Hello PhilattiO - I just love the way that you have to comment on my every post.

I really do appreciate it.

You really are excellent value.

Hmm, another worthy post there Judith. First you show you maturity
with a silly nickname and then you tell yet another lie.

Have a look at the figures - you comment on a greater proportion of my
posts than I on yours.
Looks like you are still a hypocrite.

I hope you appreciate that too.

saved by her helmet Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 15 October 14th 10 08:09 AM
Saved by a helmet Mr. Benn UK 229 June 8th 09 02:01 PM
Helmet saved me Keyser Sose UK 56 October 3rd 06 09:12 AM
helmet saved me Ian Smith UK 30 November 29th 03 11:58 PM
My helmet saved me S_Wallis Unicycling 11 September 5th 03 04:42 AM