Nightmare on Elm Street

Old August 5th 11, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Nightmare on Elm Street

A nasty crack in the street catches a Toronto cyclist by surprise.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...t-injured.html

--
Simon Mason
Old August 5th 11, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 05/08/2011 22:04, Simon Mason wrote:

A nasty crack in the street catches a Toronto cyclist by surprise.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...t-injured.html

QUOTE:
Correa's front tire went into the trench and he went flying. "I was bleeding,
my hand was bleeding, [i] hit my shoulder, luckily I had my helmet [on],"
said Correa.
ENDQUOTE

Lucky he had his helmet on... wasn't it?
Old August 6th 11, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 05/08/2011 22:04, Simon Mason wrote:

A nasty crack in the street catches a Toronto cyclist by surprise.

Lucky he had his helmet on... wasn't it?

I have seen many nasty cracks and this guys helmet does not interest me.
This all goes to show that a bicycle is just not a viable means of
transport.

Old August 6th 11, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

I have seen many nasty cracks and this guys helmet does not interest me.
This all goes to show that a bicycle is just not a viable means of
transport.

It was very viable after the Japan earthquakes, Mr P.
Whereas the car was not.
See:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/viable.htm

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 6th 11, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

I have seen many nasty cracks and this guys helmet does not interest me.
This all goes to show that a bicycle is just not a viable means of
transport.

It was very viable after the Japan earthquakes, Mr P.
Whereas the car was not.
See:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/viable.htm

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

I do not live in Japan, Mr Mason.
I do not care about Japan, Mr Mason.

Old August 6th 11, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

I have seen many nasty cracks and this guys helmet does not interest me.
This all goes to show that a bicycle is just not a viable means of
transport.

It was very viable after the Japan earthquakes, Mr P.
Whereas the car was not.
See:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/viable.htm

I do not live in Japan, Mr Mason.
I do not care about Japan, Mr Mason.

Neither of which matters, Mr P.
The point was that any mode of transport is not viable if the medium on
which you are travelling has a poor enough surface to cause you problems. I
believe certain drivers call driving over potholes "a nightmare" and damage
their tyres, wheels, dampers and springs in the process.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 6th 11, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

[...]

I am quite sure that I could drive over this small irregularity in the road
without falling over, Mr Mason.

Old August 6th 11, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 06/08/2011 19:09, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Simon wrote in message

"Mr wrote in message

I have seen many nasty cracks and this guys helmet does not interest me.
This all goes to show that a bicycle is just not a viable means of
transport.

It was very viable after the Japan earthquakes, Mr P.
Whereas the car was not.
See:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/viable.htm

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

I do not live in Japan, Mr Mason.
I do not care about Japan, Mr Mason.

But if takes an earthquake to make the car non-viable (albeit in a limited
area)...
Old August 7th 11, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message
=

Neither of which matters, Mr P.
The point was that any mode of transport is not viable if the medium on
which you are travelling has a poor enough surface to cause you problems.
I believe certain drivers call driving over potholes "a nightmare" and
damage their tyres, wheels, dampers and springs in the process.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

I am quite sure that I could drive over this small irregularity in the
road without falling over, Mr Mason.

Shame about Rowan Atkinson - he obviously could not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...car-crash.html

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 7th 11, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 05/08/2011 22:04, Simon Mason wrote:
A nasty crack in the street catches a Toronto cyclist by surprise.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...t-injured.html

--
Simon Mason

Just goes to show that poor observational skills & an unsuitable vehicle
are a dangerous combination.

University