because they can

Old May 26th 16, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default because they can

http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 27th 16, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:23:00 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I really like the black bicycle photographed against a black background.

I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side drive?

Cheers
Old May 27th 16, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 27/05/16 01:00, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:23:00 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I really like the black bicycle photographed against a black background.

I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side drive?

You go around a track left handed. Better photo opportunities.

Old May 27th 16, 12:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/#q=FELT+woman...pursuit++frame

nnngugjfdk readlater

if the bike 'turns' counter steers left, pumping down left increases friction butbutbut balances countersteer .....balance countersteer ? add one cup water, bring to boil..

could be a woman is right hemisphere dominant in athletic pusuits bringing more control to rollover n down left ?

on average a woman turns her hips to the XXXX offering her....

actually that's head right ?

maybe this is a cultural problem ?

hmmmmm a countersteer construction. Pounding left allows a finer distinction and balance with countersteer right.

somehow this works into

C. all of the above

in truth its a PR Gimmick

in facto the deal is from the Deevil spreading the Zika Virus worldwide.

Old May 27th 16, 12:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/26/2016 6:00 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:23:00 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I really like the black bicycle photographed against a black background.

I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side drive?

Cheers

Because they can!

In a down market, every other geegaw has already been
flogged to death so now we're on to New Left Drive.

Old May 27th 16, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 7:46:05 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/26/2016 6:00 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:23:00 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I really like the black bicycle photographed against a black background.

I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side drive?

Cheers

Because they can!

In a down market, every other geegaw has already been
flogged to death so now we're on to New Left Drive.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

'I like to be there when I can...'

gnaw....daze not gonna fritter away 4 years of busting their uhuhuhuh...on a gimmick.
Old May 27th 16, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 05-27-2016 01:00, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side drive?

Watch the nine-minute video and find out.

--
Wes Groleau
Old May 27th 16, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Thu, 26 May 2016 17:22:57 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem...

http://www.what-the-heck-is-wrong-wi...cter-URLs.c0m?

That use to be considered a sign of rank incompetence among web site
designers.
Old May 27th 16, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Thu, 26 May 2016 16:00:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:23:00 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem... -- Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I really like the black bicycle photographed against a black
background.

I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side
drive?

Pino Morroni did that decades ago with track bikes. His thinking was
that there was an advantage to carrying the mass of the drive train a
shorter distance per lap compared to having it on the right hand side-
whch is both uphill and farther around. It probably saved 0.00002
seconds per lap, I would guess.
Old May 27th 16, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:23:00 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/05/20/...ike-hit-track/

A solution in search of a problem... -- Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I really like the black bicycle photographed against a black
background.

I wonder why it has a left side drive instead of the normal right side
drive?

Pino Morroni did that decades ago with track bikes. His thinking was
that there was an advantage to carrying the mass of the drive train a
shorter distance per lap compared to having it on the right hand side-
whch is both uphill and farther around. It probably saved 0.00002
seconds per lap, I would guess.

Any reference to Pino Morroni makes this a good day.

Our world is a bleaker place without him.