Procedural Error for Cappelle

Old April 26th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Procedural Error for Cappelle

Ok, so the guy is targeted for testing, I assume there were reasons,
and if not, so what, and as a result, he gets off. Cause the sign-in
sheet had some boiler plate about riders will be tested randomly.
Which is probably on the sign-in sheet only cause some other wad got
off cause he said he wasn't properly warned that he could be tested.

This is completely ridiculous, and to think the courts overthrow a test
result for something like that in good conscience makes me sick.

Meanwhile, guys who take a cold medicine like, was it phil z? get
nailed. Its so ****ed up it makes you want to walk away from the whole
mess. I actually wish they would just stop testing, honestly, and let
them do whatever the want, and stop rubbing our noses in it. Then we
could just watch the ****ing races. Like wrestling. Or pro football.
Its killing the sport.

I am going to be on a tear all day now cause of this. Grrrrrrr.

From Cyclingnews, of course:

Link:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...r06/apr26news2

Capelle cleared

Belgian rider Ludovic Capelle has been cleared of using EPO by the
Disciplinary Council of the Flemish Community on Tuesday. Capelle
tested positive for the substance at a race in Gullegem in June last
year, and was given an 18 month suspension. However, he appealed to the
State Court, which overturned the decision on the basis of procedural
errors: On the sign in sheet in Gullegem, it was stated that the riders
would be tested randomly, which didn't happen.

Capelle can now race again, although he does not have a team.

Old April 26th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 26 Apr 2006 07:12:36 -0700, "jerry in vermont"
wrote:

Capelle can now race again, although he does not have a team.

Bloody disgraceful if you ask me

--
Davey on the Road