Good rides in Reno, NV

Old June 13th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Bob Tucker

Default Good rides in Reno, NV

I'm going to be in Reno for about a week and will be bringing my
bike. Can anyone tell me of some good routes for a road bike. I will
be at the Grand Sierra Resort near the airport so the route will have
to be close to that since I don't have a vehicle to transport the
bike.

Thanks much in advance.
Old June 13th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Bob Tucker" wrote in message
| I'm going to be in Reno for about a week and will be bringing my
| bike. Can anyone tell me of some good routes for a road bike. I will
| be at the Grand Sierra Resort near the airport so the route will have
| to be close to that since I don't have a vehicle to transport the
| bike.
|
| Thanks much in advance.

Get a vehicle. Rent a car if you have to. You're close to some of the
most-incredible riding in the country. How much time will you have to ride?
What sort of distance can you handle? I'm sure there's a car rental place
near the airport; if it cost you $50 to ride one of the country's
most-beautiful mountain climbs (Ebett's Pass,
http://www.chainreaction.com/bearvalley.htm). Otherwise, you could always
ride over Mt Rose, or out to Virginia City. But to miss some of the classic
Sierra climbs would be a crime (assuming you don't mind climbing). You could
even go a bit further south and ride the legendary Sonora Pass
(http://www.chainreactionbicycles.com/sonora_pass.htm).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

my first good 36er rides saskatchewanian Unicycling 4 August 23rd 07 08:52 AM
Good Colorado rides weissnp Unicycling 2 May 28th 05 01:12 PM
Any good rides in the Sacramento area? Rolokid Rides 11 November 5th 04 07:09 AM
Good Rides In Brisbane Where ? Lenny Australia 5 October 5th 04 06:37 AM
Good rides around Brisbane Mike_Coles Australia 3 December 11th 03 04:07 AM