leasing touring equipment

Old August 10th 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
kjrut

Default leasing touring equipment

I'm planning a cross country tour. This will be my first and probably last
trip of this magnitude. My problem is that I do not want to purchase all
the necessary and expensive equipment for a one time ride. I'm hoping to
locate a person who is willing to sell me their used or lease me their
equipment for about 4 months starting Oct. 2008. What I'm looking for is
Racks, Panniers, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad. Must be good quality for
I'm doing this trip in the winter.

Thanks

Old August 10th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

kjrut wrote:
I'm planning a cross country tour. This will be my first and probably last
trip of this magnitude. My problem is that I do not want to purchase all
the necessary and expensive equipment for a one time ride. I'm hoping to
locate a person who is willing to sell me their used or lease me their
equipment for about 4 months starting Oct. 2008. What I'm looking for is
Racks, Panniers, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad. Must be good quality for
I'm doing this trip in the winter.

I know that REI rents equipment, but if it's a long trip, the cost of
the rental may go up so high that it's comparable to buying.

Bill

__o | Fear not the path of truth for the lack
_`\(,_ | of people walking on it.
(_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy

Old August 11th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
RicodJour

On Aug 10, 7:21*am, "kjrut" wrote:
I'm planning a cross country tour. This will be my first and probably last
trip of this magnitude. *My problem is that I do not want to purchase all
the necessary and expensive equipment for a one time ride. * I'm hoping to
locate a person who is willing to sell me their used or lease me their
equipment for about 4 months starting Oct. 2008. *What I'm looking for is
Racks, Panniers, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad. Must be good quality for
I'm doing this trip in the winter.

Thanks

Buy used and sell it when you're done.

Old August 11th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Aug 10, 6:21*am, "kjrut" wrote:
I'm planning a cross country tour. This will be my first and probably last
trip of this magnitude. *My problem is that I do not want to purchase all
the necessary and expensive equipment for a one time ride. * I'm hoping to
locate a person who is willing to sell me their used or lease me their
equipment for about 4 months starting Oct. 2008. *What I'm looking for is
Racks, Panniers, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad. Must be good quality for
I'm doing this trip in the winter.

Thanks

http://www.freecycle.org/ and drill down to your local area.
You might get something useful.
Old August 12th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Patrick Lamb

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 05:31:43 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Aug 10, 6:21*am, "kjrut" wrote:
I'm planning a cross country tour. This will be my first and probably last
trip of this magnitude. *My problem is that I do not want to purchase all
the necessary and expensive equipment for a one time ride. * I'm hoping to
locate a person who is willing to sell me their used or lease me their
equipment for about 4 months starting Oct. 2008. *What I'm looking for is
Racks, Panniers, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad. Must be good quality for
I'm doing this trip in the winter.

Thanks

http://www.freecycle.org/ and drill down to your local area.
You might get something useful.

Watch the crazyguyonabike.com classifieds. There may be some people
who finish up and want to clear out their gear.

Pat

Email address works as is.

TT Equipment daniel Techniques 11 February 14th 07 05:40 PM
touring frame fitting, 26 or 700c wheels for touring Lee Techniques 13 July 1st 06 09:33 PM
Trek 720 Touring Bike (25") - Best touring bicycle EVER Unrevealed Source Marketplace 2 March 2nd 06 03:28 AM
Touring equipment.. hippy Australia 17 April 1st 05 01:19 AM
WTB 60 cm sport touring/touring Gary Jacobson Marketplace 2 September 15th 04 11:54 PM