Beware Passing the Parked Car, Bicycle Reminder.

Old April 13th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Beware Passing the Parked Car, Bicycle Reminder.

In article ],
Ryan Cousineau writes:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:
[...]
I suppose some sort of stylized bear could do for a Swiss
trade symbol. On the other hand, with the world's economies
faring as they are, maybe that's not such a good idea.
I guess that just leaves skis, perforated cheese or The
Matterhorn -- all of which is preferable to Canada's lame
maple leaf and aquatic rodent.
I like the maple leaf.
I like maple trees.
I like maple wood.
I like maple seeds in the spring.
Maple trees are great.
Did I mention that I like maple syrup?

Do you like beavers also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOI7KejIng

That bites.

Lest there be any doubt, that's an actual TV ad for the most popular*
beer in Canada.

What do beavers have to do with Stella Artois?

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old April 13th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ],
Ryan Cousineau writes:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:
[...]
I suppose some sort of stylized bear could do for a Swiss
trade symbol. On the other hand, with the world's economies
faring as they are, maybe that's not such a good idea.
I guess that just leaves skis, perforated cheese or The
Matterhorn -- all of which is preferable to Canada's lame
maple leaf and aquatic rodent.

I like the maple leaf.
I like maple trees.
I like maple wood.
I like maple seeds in the spring.
Maple trees are great.
Did I mention that I like maple syrup?

Do you like beavers also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOI7KejIng

While doing my laundry today at the laundromat
(using my bike + Leggero Max[tm] trailer of course)
I popped into the Garlane Pharmacy at the corner of
King Edward & Main.

There I obtained a nice hackeysack bead bag.
It's red & white, with the word: "Canada"
emblazoned across it, along with a stylized
red maple leaf. At least I think it's a maple
leaf, although it looks more like a distorted,
red bat or a pterosaur. I'm gonna take it to work,
to keep the temps limber during coffee and lunch
breaks. One can derive a lot of exercise just from
bending over to pick the damn'd thing up.

Nuthin' like a Canadian symbol to kick around.

I like chesting hackeysack bags. There's a certain
woman at work to whom I'd like to teach the technique.
She could achieve all kinds of vectors. She's perfectly
welcome to hackey in if she so desires. But if she'd
prefer to avoid a bunch of testosterone-soaked, labour-weary
male idiots kicking a bagful of beads around with heavy
steel-toed boots, that's understandable. I ~am~ Canadian,
after all.

cheers,
Tom

Old April 13th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ],
Ryan Cousineau writes:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:
[...]
I suppose some sort of stylized bear could do for a Swiss
trade symbol. On the other hand, with the world's economies
faring as they are, maybe that's not such a good idea.
I guess that just leaves skis, perforated cheese or The
Matterhorn -- all of which is preferable to Canada's lame
maple leaf and aquatic rodent.
I like the maple leaf.
I like maple trees.
I like maple wood.
I like maple seeds in the spring.
Maple trees are great.
Did I mention that I like maple syrup?

Do you like beavers also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOI7KejIng

That bites.

Lest there be any doubt, that's an actual TV ad for the most popular*
beer in Canada.

What do beavers have to do with Stella Artois?

If Stella sells more beer in Canada than Canadian, I'll eat my bike
shorts.

Best beer in Canada: Unibroue Don de Dieu.

Old April 13th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On Apr 13, 2:09*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ],
* *Ryan Cousineau writes:
In article ,
*Tom Sherman wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:
[...]
[...]

Better than la Fin du Monde? (We can only get FdM, Maudit, and Blance
du Chambly locally. :0( )

Old April 13th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 13, 4:57*pm, Brian Huntley wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:09*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Best beer in Canada: Unibroue Don de Dieu.

Better than la Fin du Monde? (We can only get FdM, Maudit, and Blance
du Chambly locally. :0( )

How can you even think that beers with French names are worth
considering?

Andre Jute
Wine-drinker
Old April 13th 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Ace
wrote:

On Apr 10, 12:12*pm, "
wrote:

Left hand drive on left driving roads? *And right hand drive on right
driving roads? *Likely more head on collisions due to drivers not
being able to judge where the oncoming vehicle is on the road.

Indeed--especially when passing big trucks on two-lane roads.

Tom Ace

Hello Tom.

The hell with standards. Free for all! So much more exciting.

But the beaver commercial mentioned earlier was pretty funny.

Old April 13th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Chalo

Andre Jute wrote:

Brian Huntley wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Best beer in Canada: Unibroue Don de Dieu.

Better than la Fin du Monde? (We can only get FdM, Maudit, and Blance
du Chambly locally. :0( )

How can you even think that beers with French names are worth
considering?

Andre Jute
Wine-drinker

Ryan (aka R-Cooz) has a Fwench name, and he's top quality. Besides,
it ain't Fwance, it's Canadia we're talking aboot. They are much
better at barley than they are at grapes.

Chalo
Old April 13th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 13, 11:41*pm, Chalo wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Brian Huntley wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Best beer in Canada: Unibroue Don de Dieu.

Better than la Fin du Monde? (We can only get FdM, Maudit, and Blance
du Chambly locally. :0( )

How can you even think that beers with French names are worth
considering?

Andre Jute
Wine-drinker

Ryan (aka R-Cooz) has a Fwench name, and he's top quality. *Besides,
it ain't Fwance, it's Canadia we're talking aboot. *They are much
better at barley than they are at grapes.

Wine from Canadian latitudes would have to be *very dry*.

Andre Jute
Sweet tooth, friend of the regionals

Old April 14th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Brian Huntley wrote:

On Apr 13, 2:09*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ],
* *Ryan Cousineau writes:
In article ,
*Tom Sherman wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:
[...]
[...]

It's a matter of taste. Fin du Monde is another fave, and I'll gladly
drink Maudite. I'm also keen on Trois Pistoles, which is a dark beer in
the Guinness mode, only at 10% alcohol.

I also have a bottle of Unibroue 17 in my back room, waiting for an
appropriate occasion to open it.

Old April 14th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

On Apr 13, 11:41*pm, Chalo wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Brian Huntley wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Best beer in Canada: Unibroue Don de Dieu.

Better than la Fin du Monde? (We can only get FdM, Maudit, and Blance
du Chambly locally. :0( )

How can you even think that beers with French names are worth
considering?

Andre Jute
Wine-drinker

Ryan (aka R-Cooz) has a Fwench name, and he's top quality. *Besides,
it ain't Fwance, it's Canadia we're talking aboot. *They are much
better at barley than they are at grapes.

Certain local vintners might take offense at that. I will only say that
while I am happy to drink wine, I find that the beer that fits into my
drinking budget is tastier than the wine that fits into my drinking
budget. In short, you can pretty much drink the finest beer on the
planet for about $3/glass.

Wine from Canadian latitudes would have to be *very dry*.

The most famous Canadian product is icewine: it's an extremely sweet
dessert wine.

Also, the Okanagan wine region experiences near-desert summer conditions.